[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - At the Top of Google
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

At the Top of Google

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:12 pm

At the Top of Google

I have put alot of work into search engine optimization (google in particular) for this site and from time to time I will check to see how the site is ranked for certain keywords. I checked tonight and saw that this site is #1 right now for the keywords, pencil drawings, which are my main keywords. I am pretty excited about it (I know, I'm a nerd :)). JD Hillberry's site has been #1 for a VERY long time. I'm sure his site will be back at #1 soon but I am just savoring the moment. :bounce: :bounce: \:D/ \:D/ :compress: :compress: :cheers: :cheers: :thumright: :thumright:

<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:19 am

congratulations!!!! brian!!!
but, aren't you worried about peopl stealing your work at all?
I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Arizona

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:34 pm

Very cool! Your site is the best, it should be at the top!
Check out my da account! http://mcsho.deviantart.com/
<<

bakereke

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:41 am

Bakereke
cant type, cant spell... not much I can do!

www.mariebaker.co.uk
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:45 am

<<

Brendan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Time for a website critique !!

For some reason the larger font always overlaps itself on your main page :

I also don't like how the cursor changes to a cross when hovering over a link .. seems hard to use ..

I do like how you've avoided the "third person" narrative on your site .. man I find that pompous and irritating ! (example : Brian Duey is a talented pencil artist from Grand Rapids. He excels at graphite, pastels and oils .. etc ...... )

I also like the scrollable news section - that works well.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:10 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:31 pm

Yeah .. when I opened it in Firefox they don't overlap .. almost !!

Might be something to consider - because I bet 75% of people still use IE, (I use Maxthon) and you want your site to look professional ... to everyone !!
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:34 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:02 pm

Brendan
Can't allow that.....you're the :jocolor: of this forum! :P
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:09 pm

I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

jake12474

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:18 pm

..yah... it must be cool to know that everyone is laughing at you.........there all gonna laugh at you.....there all gonna laugh at you......haaaaaaa......
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:52 am

<<

sir hobo

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:42 pm

duey your all over yahoo.com
it's crazy, when i type in art tutorials i find you
realistic art is true art
Next