[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - f***ing self portrait
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

f***ing self portrait

Moderator: duey

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

f***ing self portrait

You know the feeling when you see a photograph of yourself and you think: That's what I am.
I think this is very rare, but it happened to me with this template.

There are certainly more beneficial photos of me, but this is simply authentic and shows me the way I see myself.
Serious, secretive and feisty, with a touch of arrogant biotch expression. :-)

Done with pencil
A3 canson bristol board
Needed around 25 to 30 hours

Feedback is much appreciated!

<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Re: f***ing self portrait

very good,,and i also like the fact that it did turn out really good after scanning and putting it on the monitor,,im still struggling with that
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 am

Thank you stanya!
The scanning wasen't easy, i guess my scanner is at its limit. The original looks much better! Especially at dark parts and fine transitions.
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:25 pm

Xartist - this is awesome. Such tone and depth and the pose is so interesting. Love the work on the shoulders. And the highlight on the fringe. Really really good work.

I know exactly what you mean - I see many awful photos of myself, and then I see a much worse one that is as close as damn it to perfect! :)
http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:13 am

<<

DanWoodier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:53 pm

This is beautiful!
Treat others as you'd wish to be treated.
<<

pillharrier

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:55 pm

http://pillharrier.deviantart.com/
http://www.facebook.com/markeversonpencilart
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:09 am

<<

Whopsi

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 pm

wow! awesome! here you have done a great job! the first thing I thought was .... awesome drawn hair!
and the way you have faded in the shadows .... lovely done!!
<<

segagenesis

Post Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:07 am

Wow, this is amazing and beautiful. I really like that you mentioned this is how you see yourself- including your personality.

Just stunning.
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:42 am

<<

ironman3

Brand New Member

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm

amazing! simply amazing! you are very talented indeed.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:15 pm

Wonderful talent Xartist!
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 am

<<

Dreaddinit

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Looks amazing. How did you achieve your level of detail? I'm getting there but I'm always looking for different techniques.
Next

Return to Drawings