[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Avril
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Avril

Moderator: duey

<<

xgorian

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:34 am

Avril

Hi! This is my latest drawing, supposed to be Avril Lavigne.
Feel free to tell me what's good, and what's not :)

Reference pic: http://i45.tinypic.com/2krd4w.jpg
<<

Maky

Amateur
Amateur

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 am

Re: Avril

I really like it. Very good imo. lot better than I can do anyway.
I think it looks a little too perfect if you can understand without taking offense. The skin is so perfect like a manaquin.
Like I said it it very good and you very easily know who it is without being told.
There is good detail in the iris. I always love that in a picture.
I really want to be able to do hair like that.
<<

xgorian

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 am

Thank you Maky! Regarding the skin: the ref pic feels kind of retouched, but you are correct, i could put in something to make the skin more realistic i guess :p
<<

stanya

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:45 pm

it is a nice fine drawing,,,but ithink it would look more "real" if u would make some part of the hair darker,,especially the part which is next to the face,,u got dark shadows around the eye and the nose but the hair is very ligh, so it loox like it is on the front of the face not behind as it should be,,,it would make that effect if u make it darker,,,,just an opinion (or advice) ;)
Oh maybe I'll build my house on your cloud
Here I'm tumbling for you
Stumbling through the work that I have to do
Don't mean to harm you
<<

xgorian

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks for your tips stanya! I've been struggling with hair since i started to draw, and i just can't get it to look natural. :/
<<

Maky

Amateur
Amateur

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:06 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:40 am

Hi xgorian,I think the main problem is..to regimental.Those eyes are fantastic and the face is also,but as other said 'to perfect',although that's not your fault.

The hair needs blending and 'roughing up',you have tried to draw individual hairs when they need to be more grouped.Get some darks in there also,and use a make-up cotton disc for blending.Good luck :D
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

MichaelN

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Great advice from Russ and Stanya. Beautiful work, though, xgorian. I like it. =D>

Mike

<<

xgorian

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:47 am

Thank you so much for your tips everyone! =)
<<

Lutan

Brand New Member

Post Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 pm

c'est pas elle :(

Return to Drawings