[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - First realistic nose drawing
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

First realistic nose drawing

Moderator: duey

<<

dotanmilu

Brand New Member

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:17 pm

First realistic nose drawing

My first realistic nose, and I still haven't gotten the chance to buy some vareity of pencils and tortillion... Any recommendations on what kinds should I buy? :D

constructive criticism? :)
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:51 am

Re: First realistic nose drawing

Welcome to the forum! :)
It doesen't look wrong, but you need to work out the shape, it needs to be defined more. I guess a vareity of pencils could help. And maybe you should do a sketch of the nose, before you start shading, so you see the shape more clearly and the most striking shadows and highlights.
Keep practising, you are on a good way.

And i can recommend faber castell pencils and also staedtler mars lumograph. I usually draw with faber castell, they are very precisely and i can handle them well. Staedtler are a bit softer, they are useful for dark areas.
But i guess you have to try out.
<<

dotanmilu

Brand New Member

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19 am

<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:28 pm

I have to complete range at home, from 3H to 9B from faber castell and staedtler. Also there are wood pencils and mechanical pencils.
I think in the beginning it is enough if you have 3 or 4 different pencils, but it isen't wrong either to buy the whole range, if you plan to draw a lot in the future.

Return to Drawings