[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing #2 - Completed
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing #2 - Completed

Moderator: duey

<<

Dean

Brand New Member

Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Drawing #2 - Completed

**** This was the WIP scan of my drawing. See post 4 below for completed drawing ****

Drawing - "Skier Man"

This is my second drawing. My first was a lighthouse that I posted here. As a new "artist" I guess you can say, I thought I would try something easier.....because, hey half the drawing is white snow so it has to be easier, right!? Boy was I wrong! Using a reference pic and my drawing looks pretty representative. Still a lot to learn and having fun. I'm happy with it so far but there are a number of things wrong/that I need to work on and learn in the future. Ski googles too high on head and his left hand stinks (right looks funny but is very representative of the pic). The right ski pole is supposed to be slightly bent as it is dragging in the snow. Need to add his shading and a number of other things but here is the state of the current drawing.

Critics welcome as always - it's the only way I am going to learn!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Dean on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:35 am

Re: Drawing #2 - WIP

Hey Dean,
Not to bad at all, you obviously have a talent, just keep developing it with practice.
You will iron out the kinks with time, keep having fun. :)

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:03 am

Looks really good Dean,It's terribly difficult working on the reverse approach (white).
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Dean

Brand New Member

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Ok, here is the finished product with just some minor cleanup to go. The snow was a b*tch! Let me know what you think.

Return to Drawings