[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hannibal Lecter - Charcoal on Opaline
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hannibal Lecter - Charcoal on Opaline

Moderator: duey

<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:46 am

Re: Hannibal Lecter - Charcoal on Opaline

You may wonder why i or plissken comment or decide to speak up about Jonathan's work. Ill tell you why I do it, i dont know if plissken feels the same way. I do it because i see potential in Jonathan, potential to pick it up a notch. To go above sketches, to go beyond and achieve more realism. Something, not many can do in a short period of time. Thats why i do it. I have seen a lot of bad work here and i will not name names or point it out, but i could care less about their skills and if they are trying to improve or not. I do not have the time to think everyone has potential. Because its not like that, if you suck and make crappy work in my eyes, then you suck. Period. If they want to improve then thats up to them. My interest is in those that i see have potential. Potential to achieve more and Better. Thats what i see in Jonathan. Im speaking for myself, i dont know if plissken has a similar stand or different. I am straight forward in how i talk, i dont sugar coat things. Because in reality, nothing is sugar coated.

...and i have not payed attention to your work nor i feel i am better. But if you want to feel belittled then be my guest, i could care less. :roll:
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 am

I see Jonathan's potential too but hes a different kind of artist. Tattoos are his thing and he has to be able to draw great on the fly. Yes he could be a fantastic realism artist. He chooses to be a fantastic tattoo artist. In the end he will make more money doing tattoos then drawing in realism. Money = tattoos Drawing in realism = $0.00 because its priceless :)

Plissken is a more a digital & not a realism artist he leans more toward BORIS VALLEJO kind of art and that's not a bad thing. I grew up with Boris his works are great-------> http://www.imaginistix.com/gallery_store.cfm

Realism isn't for everyone most people don't even know what it is or the time and effort it takes to do it. For many once they find out they don't want to draw or even try it. I have learned this over the years helping the kids off my deviant site. Its also okay you haven't kept up with my deviant site or even looked at it I have seen yours. If you drew all of them like you did that old woman your would rock. Darker tones always make your drawings pop.

I have nothing to feel belittled by if I did I would have told you to puck off. I don't sugar coat things either. I just wanted to point out that there are many different kind of artists out there and that Realism isn't for everyone.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

93fox

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:18 am

i actually have swinged by your deviant page and its sad to see your drawings covered in watermarks. i dont know why you do it but you must have a reason. Moving on, the money is everywhere and all you need to know is how to target a crowd and make money off of it. Trust me, not all tattoo artist make money like many people make it seem. And there is money in drawing in realism, a lot of money. There is just a crowd of people who will pay for it and a crowd who wont. You always need to find the one thats not going to hesitate to pay for your work. That being said, there is money everywhere and anything you wish to do can earn you money. Its all how you market yourself and who you target. Trust me, i always do my best to get better at realism to bump up prices. It works! 8)
<<

Jonathan Ortiz

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:58 am

And talking about more important things, what happen with Russ?
<<

Watcher

Amateur
Amateur

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:10 am

Wait...am I one of the ones that suck? #-o
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:30 pm

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

<<

Alasdair

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:37 am

My Cross Hatching Tutorial and Website: http://darkdesigngraphics.co.uk/cross-hatching-tutorial
See how I work on Youtube: http://youtube.com/user/DarkDesignGraphics
Like my page on Facebook: http://facebook.com/DarkDesignGraphics

I love Art! :D
Previous

Return to Drawings