[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Ahoy!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ahoy!

Moderator: duey

<<

My7Pebbles

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Ahoy!

I'm new here and i'd like to post my first attempt at a realistic drawing. Please give me advice on how i should improve because i hella' need it lol. I don't have any special pencils, just the ones i borrowed from my little sisters >.>... i don't rl have experience in drawing, but ohh well... :-j i like it and that's what matters to me. I made this in about 1 1/2 hours. Thank you in advance for the help! :)

<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: Ahoy!

not bad for a start. there are some outstanding tutorials and tips in that area of this site. i think some good paper and pencils. looks like u have the basic tools in your belt you just need to fine tune them. and practice.. i mean lots. the more you do the better your art becomes.
keep it up.
cheers
shawna
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

My7Pebbles

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 pm

:D thank you!
<<

caneker

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm

good start =)
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm

I think it looks great. Like someone already said, the way to improve is just to keep drawing, so if you love drawing then you will improve. Can't really give much advice since I dont see anything "wrong" with it. You could add some more detail or detailed shading to the face maybe?
<<

My7Pebbles

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:55 am

thank you and i don't dare touch it's face because it looks so much darker in the rl picture... so i'm not sure lol
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:09 pm

yep, understand. HOwever, its not good to be too precious with your drawings especially when you are looking to improve. Ive noticed that it has become a very frustrating thing for me at least, when Im not really happy with my drawing but I dont dare touch it in the fear of making it worse. My advice is just go for it and learn. So what if its ruined, you will create more images and nothing is so unique that its a tragedy if it gets messed up. WHen you do manage to create something really unique I think you will know it.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:41 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

ajcurly

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:52 am

I would say to work on your darks and lights. The proportions of the face look really good and It's good to know your not afraid to go dark (hair). Just keep drawing and don't be afraid to spend more time on a drawing to go for realism.

Return to Drawings