[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - newbie first post - ears
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

newbie first post - ears

Moderator: duey

<<

rhizin

Brand New Member

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:33 pm

newbie first post - ears

Hello all,
Since I'm from Germany and my English isn't really fluent, please excuse any mistakes :). I looked for a while for german art forums, but didn't find a fun one (or at least a real active one).. this one seems to be both so I ended here. I started drawing again about a year ago after a long hiatus of maybe 15 years. Now I want to get a bit more serious about it.. so have a look at this scetches and others to come and critizise away so I can learn :)

<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: newbie first post - ears

very well done mate. alot of artist find ears and hands to be some of the most diffacult features. you seem to have a very good grasp of the details and shadeing for a very well drawn ear.
=D>
and welcome to the forum :D
shawna
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:00 pm

I don't recognize any of these ears - are they from German celebrities ? :D
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

rhizin

Brand New Member

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:13 am

Oh, sorry, didn't know that. What about that than:

British Actor Sylvester McCoy. Done with a grid.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:00 am

love the style
my da
<<

Xartist

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:59 am

The ears look pretty good. I should practise them too.
And your posted portrait is wonderful, i love the lightning on his face.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am

That's a great drawing,but would be better without the heavy dark lines.Finger nails,chin and centre brow.
<<

rhizin

Brand New Member

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:23 pm

I kind of like the more textured style myself, but I am still not sure about it. Was always and am still very impressed with all those very photorealistic renderings, but as fascinating as they are, I don't think I want to do it that way. Well.. who said one would find an own style within a year or so.

There is another picture (actually I made it for my mother, who always had a thing for the motif). It is a copy, but wasn't meant to be an exact one (I know the original is ink and white on blueish paper and so on) but more of an opportunity to play around. No famous head.. but famous hands ;)

<<

caneker

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Nice works, i like your stile...
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:49 pm

rhizen,nice job.Follow your head and create whatever you want,trouble is, when you ask us for our thoughts on improvement,we give you exactly that. :)
<<

rhizin

Brand New Member

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Well.. that is kind of the idea of it, isn't it?

Return to Drawings