[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - These are my drawings, help?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

These are my drawings, help?

Moderator: duey

<<

KinseyDeford

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Re: These are my drawings, help?

Okay thanks alot!! and ah i have no griding paper, i got a sketch book with thicker paper in it for drawing purposes. :p
other then that i only got printer paper. haha
I only have a normal 2 HB pencil and mechanical pencil for drawing at the momment, I need to head to walmart!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Pencils range from 9b(darkest) - 9h(lightest)
Unless you have the technology,you have to grid yourself.Anything from 1cm-1inch squares whatever your comfortable with.Do NOT press the pencil hard when gridding as all grid lines will need erasing,or blended into the Artwork.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Crazyt123

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:46 pm

You don't need griding paper to make a grid for drawing just a ruler!

My personal favorit pencils/charcoal are Generals but you might need to try a few differnt brands before you find what suites you best.
*~*live*~*laugh*~*love*~*
<<

KinseyDeford

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:53 pm

I dont like griding i desires of being an apprentice at a tattoo shop, i want to rely more on imagination and eye and hand cordination and what i visualize in my head. thank you though! :)
im going to look alot more into my pencils and utensils, and topics of drawing, im trying to draw a possible tattoo, for when i turn 18 i want to get covered.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:07 pm

alright if you want a good pencil that is not wood get a straedler mars technino lead holder the weight never changes and if you get the lead pointer (sharpener that gives you a precise point or dull point). it will make it possible to draw with a feeling of a wood encased pencil but better lead. good paper for tattoo drawings that i found is
1. canson drawing paper rouph surface
2.strathmore 400 series smooth
3.strathmore bristol smooth
for the last 2 I would reccomend cutting the paper into increments of 4 so the paper is smaller and you get more for your money plus tattoos dont require a big piece of paper on average good luck and hope this helps.

p.s. best sketching lead is 2h because it is not too hard to indent paper and not too soft to stain the white of the paper
,zach :D
my da
<<

KinseyDeford

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:22 pm

Okay sweet, i was planning on going to the hobby store nearby and some others to spend some extra cash on all the items to improve my work, These drawings were ALL done in class instead of doing school work, I think if i commit and apply myself i can make great work, especially since these were done with pencil and standard bic pens Hahahaha.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:30 pm

thats where i started and do draw most of the time and a word of advice
1.MAKE a portfolio so tattoo shops can see your potential
2.draw lightly and darken later with a b pencil never push down with pressure though :D
my da
<<

KinseyDeford

Post Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I have got somewhat of a portfolia its like an inch binder with finish drawings, wip drawings, and doodles, and utensils, Okay, this next drawing ima post tonight ill only do light strokes, patients will have to be my ally for a little while, i sometimes see how nice i can do a drawing in the shrotest amount of time. lol
Previous

Return to Drawings