[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Superman
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Superman

Moderator: duey

<<

Aster

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Superman

OMG! I love Superman by Christopher Reeves since i was a child, that's simply perfect! Good work man! =)
<<

jan

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:59 pm

How did you do the highlights in the hair if you dont mind me asking?
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Actually i "lift" the highlights with an eraser pencil (faber castel). trying to draw around highlights can look choppy and be very frustrating. i draw the hair layer over layer, so you can see through the hair to more hair.
"Draw, draw, draw. Practice your drawings 20 hours a day"---"Commander" Mark Kistler
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm telling the easy option reibergraphix,if you go really dark with 'b' pencils it can be difficult to retrieve (smudging).Sometimes easier to go free-hand without exact copy.
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:44 am

well the more techniques you know, the better off you'll be
"Draw, draw, draw. Practice your drawings 20 hours a day"---"Commander" Mark Kistler
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 am

<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:27 am

EXCUSE ME !?!?

There was absolutely no sarcasm in my post, and i let it slip that you decided to answer for me when someone asked me a question about my drawing technique.

I certainly do not appreciate being told i am sarcastic when i am telling someone my technique, and then getting told i am wrong and that you know "the easy way"!
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:06 am

<<

waqar

Brand New Member

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:16 pm

I can see you are an impressive sketch artist :) I need your honest opinion about http://i.imgur.com/VOWi0.jpg this. Spent 3 hours in making....
<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:01 pm

looks like you can make a nice form and have a good grasp of value. i think you just need to work on a few rendering techniques, practice is going to make all the difference
<<

waqar

Brand New Member

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:07 pm

<<

reibergraphix

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:04 am

value is how dark or light something is, and rendering is how you represent something on the page. you need to work on how you rub your pencil across the page and your particular blending technique(s)
<<

waqar

Brand New Member

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 am

thanks man, really appreciate it
Previous

Return to Drawings