[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - music
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

music

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: music

I agree with you, Russ. Earlier I mentioned I thought Oasis was one of the most overrated rock bands. I think the Beatles beat every other band for that. This comment will get a lot of negative backlash from the Beatles fans here, they will say the Beatles changed the music industry, they will say that they were a huge influence on countless later bands. I've always found these claims curious. Music is constantly changing no matter how good or bad the bands that are popular are, and every band will say that earlier bands influenced them. I don't think it's possible to quantify just exactly how much influence any band had on future music. Just looking at their music apart from any discussion of influence or impact, I really don't see why they are one of the most exalted bands of the twentieth century.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:53 pm

I have respect for their achievements in the music industry,but generations change music and not the other way around,if that makes sense.Technology plays a big part also,especially in today's music of 'everything sampled to death'.I grew up in the Beatles era and loved it as a youngster,grew into the Seventies with great artists like Mott the Hoople and Dave Bowie being my favourites,and the crowning glory of the English Punk explosion that tried to wipe away the memories of the old codgers.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 pm

i respect your opinions but i personally love the beatles.if you ask me i think led zepplin is way over praised and overplayed. would rather listen to lynyrd skynyrd and pink floyd anyday than zepplin.i personally dont think thay changed the world of music nor do i think the beatles did but i just love all the lyrics of the beatles music :D
my da
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Lyrics are also a good source for education...
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:32 pm

my da
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:00 pm

What's the significance of the 97, in zach97?
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:14 pm

He's 16 right? So DOB doesn't make sense. '97 was the year Wayne Gretzky started playing for the Rags, but Nutz would only be 3 years old so I doubt that's it.

I'm putting my money on it being the number he wears when he plays hockey.

On a completely unrelated note, the number I wear when I play hockey is 9.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Victory!

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 pm

well played Graham. =D>

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:27 pm

im not gonna lie i am callin stalker,hacker,or creeper.but it is my hockey number
my da
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:27 pm

im not gonna lie i am callin stalker,hacker,or creeper.but it is my hockey number
my da
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:31 pm

We're living in the information age, Zach. Everything is quickly searchable once you know what to search for. You've said you're a hockey fan (Rangers) and that you yourself play (you went to a hockey camp), and you gave your name in the "Names" thread. Going from that I put it together. A quick search on Facebook turned you up, no other Zach Nuetzels out there. And your display pic is (what I assume is you) wearing a jersey with 97 on it. Case closed.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:03 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm no Sherlock Holmes! :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else