[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Brute concept [work in progress]
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Brute concept [work in progress]

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Brute concept [work in progress]

I was not using pencil pre-sketches for this one.
I hope that I will have the will to finish it soon;

See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Brute concept [work in progress]

Reference used;
Kimo Leopoldo mixed martial artist.

<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 am

Advance technique,Plisken :D
<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Assuming you are not actually trying to get him to look exactly like the reference picture, I in fact like your version a lot better! Looking like a real bad ass vilain in some kind of video game or something! Really loving it, but there is an issue I have with the shoulders, or rather the way his armpits are too low.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Aphos; thank you very much,
Year and a half since I am in digital art, I am
honestly hoping that I will improve more after time.

Arne; yes, you are right, I was intentionally altered the character a little bit,
I did not wanted to copy it exactly, but I still needed a reference so I took this one.
I shortened the neck intentionally, for the character to look more bulky, but
it was unintentional with the low armpits, you noticed that wisely.
I will work on it, and I will try to sharpen the details more.

Thank you for your feedback, I am always open for some critics
and some improvement tips.
I am currently out of balance, and have no will to work on this one, but I hope
that I will collect the energy soon to put a finish line here.
Anyway, the most important is that the concept of this character have been created,
the make-up is more and less important, and it can be added anytime later.

<<

SoarnEagle

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Plisskan..

Are you using a pad or the mouse? I have done a few digitals with just the mouse.. and they are pretty hard that way.. Great job either way!

David

Make the most of everyday.. you don't know what tomorrow will bring!
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:11 pm

Yo David.
Thank you for your reply.
Honestly I do not suggest doing more serious digital
paintings with just a mouse.
You can do some basic operations with the mouse
like copying, pasting some parts of the image
or cropping selections , but you certainly cannot paint something
more detailed with it.
Or, you can actually, if you have
the nerves of steel.
If you are more serious about digital painting, then
you should get yourself a drawing tablet.
I am still using my old one, as you can see in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3593
but my dream is to get a Wacom Intuos 4 one day.
Cheers

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:36 pm

its looking great so far the only thing is that i think the feet should be less rounded but great work :)
my da
<<

karaann07

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Wow, that is really great, actually! It is most definitely remniniscent of the mixed martial artist you referenced. My goodness he looks fierce. I'm pretty sure if he was coming toward me- be it in a dark alley or a children's birthday party- I would have to run in the other direction!
<<

LukeRocks

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:10 am

I think its missing the larger than life feel. The background window makes him look short. Maybe move it down more or get rid of all that space on the top of the image.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Thank you all for your replies.
I worked a bit more on this one, still not finishes though.
Thank you everyone for viewing my art and for supporting me.

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:40 pm

ookin good
my da
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:40 pm

<<

Aphos

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:15 am

Looking good :D
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:39 am

Next

Return to Digital Art