[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Howdy from Australia :)
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Howdy from Australia :)

Moderator: duey

<<

Loungefly

Brand New Member

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:15 am

Howdy from Australia :)

Hey all,

My name is Patrick. I'm an American living in New South Wales, Australia. I've been drawing on and off ever since I was old enough to hold a pencil (30+ years). Both my brother and father are artists (drawing, cartooning, painting) and have managed to have careers in art. My interest has been almost exclusively in graphite pencil drawing. I hesitate to use the word "artist" to describe myself, mainly because I'm so critical of what I do (I'm very hard on myself) and I've noticed my focus and attention span when it comes to drawing are not what they once were. Over the past 20 years I've gone through very long stretches (years) of never drawing anything. When I was young I envisioned myself having some sort of career related to art, but as is often the case, life seemed to take me in a different direction entirely. I've noticed though in the past few months when I've picked up the pencil and pad I start to obsess a bit more like the old days, which is a good thing I reckon. :) ]

I'm now trying to get into the swing of things again as I feel like I still have potential that I don't want to go to waste. At this stage I'm just trying to shake off the rust and then hopefully build on that. Looking forward to being part of the community here. Thanks :)
<<

MadisE

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:27 am

Re: Howdy from Australia :)

Welcome! :)
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:30 am

Welcome to the forum Loungefly,
Glad to see you picking up your art again, hope you have fun. :)

<<

SoarnEagle

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 am

Welcome Patrick!

Good to have you with us on the forum... And don't be too hard on yourself.. it's all a learning experience

David

Make the most of everyday.. you don't know what tomorrow will bring!
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:12 pm

nice to make your aquaintance and welcome to the forum
:D
my da
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible