[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hello
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello

Moderator: duey

<<

Aviator

Brand New Member

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:48 am

Hello

Hi

Im Kev and im looking to learn how to draw. Im 31 and live in the North East of UK. Im just trying to find some ideas of what to start off drawing. Something that isnt too difficult..but will look ok when finished.

I've had a quick look around the forum and there are some amazingly talented artists here. I hope I can learn some things from you as im an absolute novice. :D

Hi to everybody anyways.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: Hello

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Aviator

Brand New Member

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 pm

lol ^ Is there anybody here who will teach me to draw?

I'm absolutely amazed at some of the drawings here. Is it natural talent..or can it be learned? I cant even work out how it's possible to draw to the standard that i've seen on this site...?
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm

<<

Aviator

Brand New Member

Post Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi thanks for that.

I only have an HB pencil and printer paper lol. Is there like a beginner set of pencils, stationary and paper I can order online? Also..how do people shade so brilliantly? Other than trial and error..they must have read tuts..?

I only have one drawing and it's of a celeb. It's not very good at all..and it's not shaded. I havent drew since school and im now 31..but I want to start learning. Im a little embarrassed to post this drawing amongst such great work..could I pm you it and see if you recognize her? I dont have a scanner..and I had to take a shot with my webcam.

If you recognize her I might be brave enough to post it. I dont want to do anything else with it..because I dont know how lol. I think I just want to move on and learn now.
<<

Crazyt123

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:50 am

Practice! practice! practice!
*~*live*~*laugh*~*love*~*
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:31 am

<<

insaneduo

Brand New Member

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:53 am

Aviator wrote:

"I’m not an abstractionist. I’m not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I’m interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on." - Renoir
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Aviator,Hi mate,good advice you've been given here,you can buy decent cheap pencils at places like Wilkinsons for as little as a £1 for a packet,and fairly good paper.Obviously as you get better so will your tools,try and get as many grades of shade as you can it will make it easier.Make sure you draw what you see and not what you think is there.Children are taught to heavy outline pictures to accentuate-artists shade.I would also recommend that you grid.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

ranamast

Brand New Member

Post Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:09 am

I am new here and I am very interested in this site.
I hope all of you will help me about this.

<<

SoarnEagle

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 pm

Welcome Ranamast..

Good to have you on the forum.. You do fine work with restorations and digital editing.

David

Make the most of everyday.. you don't know what tomorrow will bring!

Return to Welcome