[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Dog Chat
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dog Chat

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Dog Chat

I'm continuing the dog conversation here where it's more appropriate. I took some pictures of my dog. Remember, my husband picked her out. I'm kind of along for the ride. She does scare me some times. I'm posting a picture of when she started to chew a hole in the wall. Also, when she "plays" she'll try to nip at my face. NOT COOL. Sure she's super cute, but I don't really trust her. Also, it's hard to get her on enough walks to wear out her energy. She is incredibly high maintenance.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 1844557044

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Dog Chat

I love the ears.

Mmmmm tasty wall.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:39 pm

Most people notice her white paw first, but yeah her ears are pretty funny.

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:00 pm

As a breed, Pit Bulls aren't that aggressive towards people, but when they are, they can do a lot of damage.
Another problem is you need to know what you're doing when raising any dog, and especially dogs like Pit Bulls.
Here's a list of temperament by breed. The higher the score..the better the temperament.
Labs have one of the best.
http://www.atts.org/statistics.html
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:00 pm

I love my dog, Fluffy. It's so cute when he chews his own leg.

<<

Brendan

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:39 am

Have you had a dog before ?

The chewing phase usually doesn't last that long.

Here are some tips :

The dog is number 3, after you and your husband.
Be consistent - make sure the both of you allow, and don't allow, the dog the same things.
Don't let her on the couch one day and not the next ...
Don't hit the dog - praise when she's good - ignore her when she isn't.
Dogs are happiest when they're being told what to do.
Take her to meet other dogs and people - early and often.

:D
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:42 am

<<

Brendan

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:09 am

Yeah Chester will be eleven in April .. he's starting to go deaf. :(
On the plus side he doesn't hear the doorbell anymore - and will sleep through most other stimuli .. (a car in the driveway, the sound of food being prepared, keys jingling etc ...)

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:30 am

I don't think Flicker has slowed down at all. If he smells spilled garbage or roadkill up to half a mile off he will take off and no one can catch him. He loves doing what we call "counter surfing", which is when you bring him inside he'll jump up with his front paws and search around on the counter until he finds something he can get in his mouth. Favourite target is bread in the bag, he has great fun shredding the bag and then eating it. Hard to stop him, he's a big boy at over 90lbs now I think. Always excited to go for a walk. Loves play wrestling. I think one day he'll just keel over dead and everyone will be surprised because he's gonna be going full out right 'till the very end.
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:45 pm

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:37 am

Congrats on the new dog! I love dogs more than anything. I have a westie who is almost 14. She's a tough dog and is going strong even at her old age.
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Yeah, I get it. The dog is like a kid in terms of priority and discipline. However, how many house holds follow that rule. And a short phase, what's short. We've had her three months and she chews like she did when we got her and still isn't potty trained. I spend 12 hours a day alone with her and working with her, she's just soooooooooo high energy. She's not one who will calm down in the next two or three years that's for sure.

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:13 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Chester took less than two weeks to house train - maybe we were lucky.
We kept him in a crate at night (they won't pee where they sleep) and took him outside as soon as we got up.

Bassets aren't dumb .. just stubborn ! #-o
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Next

Return to Everything Else