[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - IF SPORT ART FAKERS DO NOT TREAD ...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IF SPORT ART FAKERS DO NOT TREAD ...

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:43 am

Re: IF SPORT ART FAKERS DO NOT TREAD ...

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

gerrard08

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 pm

They look like drawings to me.
I tried the tineye link you posted and did the compare, and they're pretty small to make a comparison with, and the first 14 images it came up with are of his drawing.
I think we need to investigate further.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

gerrard08

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah i noticed that and also that 2 of the related images i've compared seem to be sharper than his drawing which is curious but when compared to the reference image, there are quite a few differences... Done tineye again and the hairs on his famous jovovich piece are almost identical.. Confuses me, idk whether he's done a few images with photoshop to get the exposure and included several clearly drawn pieces to show his progression over the years.. The fact he includes WIP's and links to images attempting to convince the viewer that he hasn't used photoshop also seems rather peculiar to me... But no doubt i'm barking up the wrong tree again.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:15 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:42 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:19 am

I wonder what the best way to handle it .
Erik could send the gif with a message saying "remove your artwork, or you will be reported"
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:01 pm

That seems a little threatening ...

Maybe just post the word "fake" on that deviation.
Then submit your gif as Erik's latest deviation.

Who is the "artist" ?
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 pm

The artist is ffnana. http://ffnana.deviantart.com/gallery/ I pointed her out before. There are several of her pieces in Erik's fave's
She also had two pieces in the "Best drawings of 2009" article.

I think posting the gif would be an invitation to being banned. Trying to avoid that.
I've had been tempted to post the Kate Beckinsale Piece, and saying it's a digital painting this time, and linking it to the "Faking of Kate Beckinsale"
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:02 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 am

Here's an animated gif of Mila.
It's one of the closest drawings I've seen, but I still think it's a drawing.

Watch areas of the hair they're close but little things are off all over the place, especially in the interior of the hair.
Things like her right eye shifts, as do her her nose and lip. Also watch the details of the jacket.
http://i48.tinypic.com/34flk76.jpg
Previous

Return to Everything Else