[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - HI i am a newbie need advice
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HI i am a newbie need advice

Moderator: duey

<<

kjack628

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm

HI i am a newbie need advice

I am not new to drawing, i have been drawing for years..the only thing that nags me is i cant seem to make my drawings pop out the paper(realistic effect). I am getting there, the eyes and lips are really hard to draw and to give them depth realistically :(...can someone help me or give a good tutorial book or something..example at the bottom

<<

kjack628

Pro
Pro

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:10 pm

oh yea and i have a slight problem with drawing realistic hair to..thanks to any advice!!
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:43 pm

I think your problem is in the way you look at the hair and then transfer it to the paper. You are seeing the major areas of light and dark... the darkest darks and lightest lights. But you aren't seeing everything in between. Really focus on those middle values, make sure they're all in there, and it should help. But don't lose the darks and highlights as well, those are important for depth.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

nonstoptaxi

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:58 pm

good drawing of whitney houston bud :D

Return to Materials and Techniques