[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hi lads and lasses!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hi lads and lasses!

Moderator: duey

<<

wayne

Brand New Member

Post Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi lads and lasses!

Hi there, my name is Wayne; you'll find more often than not my real name is also my forum handle, I generally want people to know who I am so I avoid anonymity. :wink:

If found dueysdrawings.com some time ago but had not realised it had a forums of it's own. I was really impressed by the quality of the artwork on his site (who wouldn't be), I see great artwork all the time but this is really something. Normally I'm more of a manga man, but as I say I'm a fan of most art, especially vehicles which is what actually drew me here. I was doing a web search of vehicle art to give me some new insight into how to produce realistic looking paintwork and chrome effects and I found the picture of the cheverolet camero and ended up looking at the rest of Duey's stuff as well.

Anyway some months later I find myself posting here, mainly because I firmly believe the road to drawing better manga lies in being able to draw better in general and to practice many styles rather than being a one trick pony. If I can learn to draw a realistic human being then manga or rather comics however they are stylised should become so much easier since manga style in general simplifies human and other creatures anatomy, and everything else while emphasising areas responsible for telling the story or conveying emotion which itself is often exaggerated to create an effect on the reader; and so my quest begins.

So what am I?

I'm a guy from England, Yorkshire specifically. I make envelopes for a living which to be honest with you is dull as a four letter expletive beginning with 'F' I cant say. :lol:

Other than this I run the website in my signature, I made this by myself except for the phpbb3 part, I have done reviews of other peoples' comics, and run several stands for my friends displaying their comics at exhibitions in England. I also host a forum for a friend who decided to start a small publishing company; publishing said UK made manga style comics. I help my friends in anyway I can.

I've had a look around these boards, mostly trying to find the rules but I've caught wind of some mangaphobes already, whether past or present do we really need that divide, and never go to deviant art for constructive crit, you won't find any there, usually yay, squee, watches, etc. :wink:

I realise not everyone is going to be a fan of manga, and with the amount out there I don't honestly blame you; but you know manga has it's good qualities, it's superb for telling stories where as more realistic mediums might take too long to produce, and many manga artists can produce fantastic realism as well, amongst my crowd they have to be dynamic in order to make a living in between comics.

A few of my friends are the first in this field to produce manga style comics for a living. It's taken a tremendous amount of work to achieve that. It's like Sprinters and distance runners, we're all athletes after all. (IE all artists) :)

I hope you're all doing alright out there. Keep drawing you lot. :D
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:44 am

Re: Hi lads and lasses!

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

wayne

Brand New Member

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:43 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:20 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

wayne

Brand New Member

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:10 pm

<<

cordy

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:21 am

where in Yorkshire??? I am from Leeds but live in Canada now!
<<

gerrard08

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:45 pm

I'm from Bradford:) Small world innit...

Return to Welcome