[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - watermarks?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

watermarks?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 pm

watermarks?

I'm curious about watermarks,I see them on artists works like straycat.
How do you do that?is that so others can't reproduce your pictures,kinda
like a signature?
<<

Shawn692

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:54 am

They're used exactly for that purpose...or just to give the viewer information such as the artist's name or website for their future reference. But yeah, ultimately its used to prevent people from stealing others' art. You'd be amazed how many people try selling prints of other peoples' art. It's even happened to duey. I remember some lady tried selling a Jessica Alba portrait that duey did awhile back.

There are various ways to make them. If you're a member of deviantart or other websites similar to it, they usually ask you if you want to include a watermark over whatever picture you are submitting. You can also open the picture up in Photoshop (or any program like it) and create a layer above your photo with text, another picture, or anything else you want as your watermark. Then you would just lower the opacity of that layer so you can still see your art underneath.
<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:46 am

Thanks Shawn,I googled it last night to find out more about it.It's a shame
anyone would steal but then attach your name to it.How could you look at yourself in the mirror!!
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:11 am

Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

Shawn692

Addicted
Addicted

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:19 pm

<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Thanks for helping answer some of my questions Atilla and shawn,I'm not to savvy when it comes to a computer or things related!!!
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:33 pm

Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

KLSADAKO

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:44 am

<<

Brendan

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:57 pm

Watermarks are for the pompous or the paranoid .... 8)
<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:07 pm

Good thing I don't use them then,I'm not pompous :) may be paranoid
though :shock: !
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:59 pm

I figure my artwork's not good enough for anyone to want to copy it anyway... so just don't put out high quality work and you'll never have to worry about watermarks or anyone stealing it!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

jeffro

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:37 am

Graham:I figure my artwork's not good enough for anyone to want to copy it anyway...

I think it is.......it's just that when you put alot of time and effort in something
to have somebody come along and take it doesn't seem right,am I being
paranoid again :shock: ?!

Return to Everything Else