[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - hello
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

hello

Moderator: duey

<<

sakura

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:16 am

hello

well, i'm Lavinia, i'm 21 years old, from Romania, i'm a student in computer science but i also enjoy drawing, i like anime (fave anime Death note) and manga (fave Rurouni Kenshin) a lot, i like playing literati (scrable), and love music (from classical to rock, faves Chopin and fave rock band Dream Theater) i ended up here when i was looking something up on google, and found this site and forum, it's amazing, after i saw the drawings here i was like :shock: they're really wonderful, and i've seen some that look as if they were real pictures, i wish i could draw like that, i'm merely a noob when it comes to drawing, but i do my best and i hope one day i'll catch up with u people, so in the meanwhile i'mma read the tutorials around here and give them a try (well actually now i don't have the time ... 'cause i have exams and such, and this year i'm graduating and i have to finish my projects, but next month i surely will give them a try because i want to improve and i want to make a surprise for someone, i'm so happy that i finally convinced him to take a pic with his guitar and send it to me, so it must be something better than i usually do), i've started drawing "seriously" by the age of 14 then had a break of about 3-4 years ('cause of school), i mostly used 2hb pencils until this year when i found out about other types of pencils like 2b, i'd really apreciate it if u could tell me how to make use of pencils better because i'm clueless when it comes to this, i don't really know what is the difference between 2b, h, and so on ... hope that u'll accept me even if i'm poor at drawing, and that we'll get along and that u could teach me some of ur tips and tricks, i look forward in meeting all of u
<<

Lizzie

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:30 am

Hi Lavinia. Welcome :D If you are wanting to learn, this is the place. Never be scared to post your drawings or paintings. We all learn a lot by looking at and assessing each others work.
As for pencils - H is for hard. The higher the number, the harder the pencil and the lighter the stroke. 2B is a good medium soft, dark pencil and the higher the number, the darker and softer the pencil. Goes up to 9B. I draw with H when I want very light lines but I don't like it for shading. I move on to the B's for that. However, although I've mucked around with drawing since being a kid, it is only recently I've started to draw seriously.
Hope that helps
Good luck with your exams and look forward to seeing some of your work
<<

sakura

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:07 am

thanks ^^ i'm really glad i've found this forum
i've just finished posting a topic wish some of my works if u want to check it up ... and comment/criticize http://www.dueysdrawings.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=2797
<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:17 am

Welcome Sakura I'm guessing you like Naruto too :), I've also seen all of the Rurouni Kenshin's great show, have'nt seen the death note , seems as thoughI've heard of it though. I like your 5th picture best, and you done fine on the hand , I started on my first ever hand last night.
Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

sakura

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:20 am

thanks ^^
yes i like naruto too (fave character shikamaru), u should give a try to death note too u'll most likely like it
<<

Aga

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Lavinia! Good to have you here, enjoy your stay! :D
<<

sakura

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:37 pm

<<

jill

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:01 pm

<<

Atilla

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 pm

Don't judge a book by it's cover , open it up and read it.

http://atilla10.deviantart.com/
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:04 pm

<<

DMon

Post Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Return to Welcome