[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Tattoo Idea
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tattoo Idea

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:53 pm

Tattoo Idea

I never thought I would be posting this, but here it is: I am thinking about getting a tattoo. I drew a couple of koi fish and I'm thinking I'm going to get them tattooed on the back of my shoulderblade. I was just wondering what you guys think of the design, the colours, etc. The picture below is just some rough work I did on Microsoft Paint, I scanned the picture I drew and then coloured it (very poorly).

I'm trying to figure out what might look better, having the inside area between the fish black, or leaving it blank. Also, do the two colours look good together, the orange/yellow and the blue, or should both fish be the same colour? Thanks for your input!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Will this be your first tattoo?

I would not take that design at all, try for more realistic fish and have the iside black, bare skin looks bad inside a tattoo. I have seen many "yin/yang" fish over the years and I think the more realistic one look better and will keep on looking better over the years when your skin gets older. You might like this style now, but in many years down the road..how know's!
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:54 pm

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:37 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:41 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:49 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:12 pm

I did some research on koi tattoos and found this, and now that I know what they mean I really think it is appropriate for the purpose I am getting the tattoo (for my running):

Although Chinese in origin, the koi is now widely celebrated in Japan, particularly for its manly qualities. It is said to climb waterfalls bravely, and, if caught, it lies upon the cutting board awaiting the knife without a quiver, not unlike a samurai facing a sword.

It became a symbol of worldly aspiration and advancement. Eventually, the stoic fish came to be associated with many masculine and positive qualities.

In tattoo imagery, especially in combination with flowing water, it symbolizes much the same: courage, the ability to attain high goals, and overcoming life's difficulties.
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:11 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:30 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:45 pm

I hope it has two hahaha. I was thinking about that IF that is not the case he can get a shadow L done to make it right!
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:32 pm

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:56 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:05 am

So Viking, you are thinking I should go with something more like this?

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:20 pm

<<

theriver

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Next