[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Where does the talent come?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where does the talent come?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:30 am

draw what u see

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:34 am

Sounds like you have some kind of special artistic skills! I also play guitar, have been for the last 7 years, and I couldn't pull off what you did! You should look into becoming a musician... you have some real talent!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:22 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:59 am

I took guitar lessons for 2 years from two different teachers, and learned absolutely nothing from either of them. So, I went out on my own and taught myself how to play. Same thing with my art. I took art in grade 9, 10, and 11 in high school, learned absolutely nothing. Now, in my second year of university, I decided to teach myself how to draw and learned far more over my first 7 drawings than I did in 3 years of high school art. If you wanna learn something, teach yourself! Of course, suggestions from the art forum helps a lot! It is the best way to learn, I think.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:11 pm

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:09 pm

i did learn quite alot in college, i was there for only 2 yrs for graphic design... i had both computer and paper drawing classes, i learned a decent amount on coloring pencils, shading, and of course balance, and basic art terms. it was fun, its up to u, u will learn much faster if u went to school, as long as u skip the late night keg parties lol.
<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:30 pm

<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:21 pm

<<

bravoc-88

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:20 pm

Well as a current art student I can tell you that I learned loads in class. I can definitely see an improvement in my work...I can successfully draw a still life now :wink: But can't wait to get the prerequisites out of the way so I can take figure study.

As for talent ...there is no such thing. After reading Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards I think that all artists are children who happened to stumble upon the discovery of drawing and chose to actively pursue it. I came from no artistic background whatsoever and I had to do alot of research and experimentation on my own. So I think artistically one can only improve as much as time and effort they put into it. Practice and dedication is all it is. :lol:
~"The act of drawing alone makes you an artist..."~ Nick Meglin

http://bravoc-88.deviantart.com/gallery/
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:25 pm

bingo bravoc, u explain much better than i did lol. though i did say talent came as i learned from practice, maybe i was wrong, maybe its skill the whole time.
<<

bravoc-88

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:32 pm

~"The act of drawing alone makes you an artist..."~ Nick Meglin

http://bravoc-88.deviantart.com/gallery/
<<

Raul

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:19 am

Well it's 750 euros a year plus the material.

1125 dolars a year plus the material.

And it's the official course. I mean it's a graduation in university.

Weel definetly I will do the course, cause I'm still young (28) and I have to try to make my dreams, if not what life worhts?

I'm don´t want to be old and say I didn't try.

In september I will start, from now I will draw myself.

And well, yes, I think talent or skill improves as you practice. Mayber there are people who in teh beginning has more skill, but anyone can afford it.
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:42 pm

<<

davideo

Addicted
Addicted

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 pm

'It takes a lot to laugh- it takes a train to cry'- Bob Dylan

Formerly "Crazy David"