[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Christian Bale Portrait ( Wip and Complete )
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Christian Bale Portrait ( Wip and Complete )

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:54 pm

It looks amazing! The shirt really compliments the detail you put into his face, and balances the portrait out. Dark hair up top, dark shirt at the bottom, and medium tones in the middle. I think it works really well.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:14 pm

Love it! I think you have done an excellent job with this. The skin texture looks perfect, as does the hair! This site never ceases to amaze me with all the talent here.
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:32 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:28 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

vergilsparda

Addicted
Addicted

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:39 am

Thank you so much, for your kind words and lovely comments. Oh and heres the ref picture i should have posted before.

Reference picture of Christian Bale
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:59 am

vergilsparda
This is good...I guess I missed the finished product.
My only comment is his soul patch that looked unfinished (and uneven).
It's probably because of the lights that reflected on it in your ref..
and since it's in light brown color...
it didn't turn out too well in B&W.
it's just my opinion...but I hope you find it helpful. ;)
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
Previous

Return to Digital Art