[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Christian Bale Portrait ( Wip and Complete )
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Christian Bale Portrait ( Wip and Complete )

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

vergilsparda

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:54 am

Christian Bale Portrait ( Wip and Complete )

The artwork of Christian Bale is still in progress, its taking such a long time because the amount of details i m drawing on his skin and facial hair, i suck at drawing that argh! Hope you like the progress. I'm still working on his skin textures and facial hair, any suggestions are always welcome!
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:57 am

My suggestion is that you keep on doing what you're doing. It's great.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:07 am

I'll ask the same question I asked at DA....
Is that your normal way of drawing...diagonal lines?
Pretty interesting...pretty good too. ;)

Anyway, my suggestion would be to draw the big picture first...
lay down all the tonal values and slowly working into the details.
Just imagine working with layers...
use the biggest brush on the first layer
and shifting to smaller brush as you go on to the next layers.
Hope I'm making sense. :roll:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

vergilsparda

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:16 am

I got your point, you applied that technique in your Bruce Willis drawing aswell. :)
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:19 am

<<

vergilsparda

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:23 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:27 am

<<

neela

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:32 am

I don't say everything, but I paint everything.

http://neelakapoor.deviantart.com/
<<

vergilsparda

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:54 am

Christian Bale WIP2

This is second wip of Christian Bale, i'm too lazy to complete it today :lol: anyway i m done on his face and facial hair but still it need work on some few edges i guess. Now i,ll complete his hair and cloths soon.

<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Looks perfect, wow! I look forward to seeing the finished version.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:53 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:43 am

<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:10 pm

How do you guy's do that? It does look like a photograph.
<<

vergilsparda

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Christian Bale Final Version

Medium: Wacom Intuso 3 on Corel Painter

Brushes: 2b pencil and airbrush

Duration: 12 hours
Next

Return to Digital Art