[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Digital: Amy Adams in "Enchanted" WIP
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Digital: Amy Adams in "Enchanted" WIP

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

SpinningLoafers

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:50 pm

Digital: Amy Adams in "Enchanted" WIP

This is a digital painting/drawing i started of the beautiful Amy Adams who played the role of the princess Giselle in the Disney Movie Enchanted. I just thought the image was stunning and thought itd be fun to draw. So heres what i have so far..soon to be updated
<<

JCR3WS

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:07 pm

good

looking really good so far. that is a good reference pic also...
cant wait to see it finished
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:12 pm

Looks amazing. What program are you using to create this?
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Very great usage of colors. You have captured the likeness well.
I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

SpinningLoafers

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:22 pm

thankyou all. I really appreciate it. I am using painter and my lovely tablet to create her...ALOT more work to do though..lol...Thanks again.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 pm

I love the subtle lighting on her face !

<<

SpinningLoafers

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:23 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:22 am

SpinningLoafers
This is just great!
I can guess from the roughness that it's done in Painter.
Have you been using Painter for a long time?
Can you give us/me some tutorials?
I've been meaning to try that for a more "painterly" effect. :wink:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

neela

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:23 am

great looks good so far
I don't say everything, but I paint everything.

http://neelakapoor.deviantart.com/
<<

SpinningLoafers

Amateur
Amateur

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:18 am

Well hm..no i havent been using painter for very long at all. Im kind of a cheater too. I have never made any kind of tutorial but i could try. I use a grid in painter to get a quick accurate sketch. Then i basically block in all the colors using an acrylic brush. Not neccesarrily the most accurate colors but just to start and i correct as i go. Then i smooth them together with a blender which is really what helps me the most..im a pretty rubbish painter in real life.. lol

Heres an example of what i mean by blocking..really theres nothing more to it..

but this method also ends up making everything very soft and smooth..id be terrible with straight hard edges..the hair is going to be the hardest..not good with hair..here all ive done before..still not done with that one either..

<<

SpinningLoafers

Amateur
Amateur

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:38 am

wow stray cat..i just looked at your devaint galler.. your stuff is just incredible..puts my work to shame..thats for sure..lol..yeah see im horrible with textures or anything..really have no idea how to do that..so all my work is just smooth which can make it unrealistic..more of an illustrative feel though that i kinda of like..but yeah your stuff is fantastic.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:23 pm

<<

SpinningLoafers

Amateur
Amateur

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:32 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:13 am

<<

SpinningLoafers

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:56 am

i am using a 6x8..i think the smallest is 4x6 right? Anywayz it cost over $300..not to mention i bought a nice 22" widescreen lcd monitor at the same time..lol..which makes using photoshop and painter soooo much easier

oh and heres a small update..oh no..ive started the hair...lol...the front of her dress is gonna be killer too..

Next

Return to Digital Art