[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Tranquility
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tranquility

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:13 am

Cujo
Hey Cujo...
Sorry but I still don't get it..:oops:
you said this one is original...as in you did this without any references...
But is this a digital drawing as in you drew the leaves 1 by 1?
If so, will you kindly post a larger /clearer image?
Man...I NEED YOUR TALENT! :twisted:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:55 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:25 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:43 pm

Using computer programs is all about efficiency! No need to feel bad about cutting corners, cujo! If you weren't using every corner cutter you could, you might as well draw it by hand!
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:10 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:24 am

Last edited by Phan-Tom on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:26 am

<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:55 am

Yeah, it's quite sad, the applications out there now for doing this stuff 'automagically'. You don't even need a bone of creativity.
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 am

... or credibility. 8)
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:27 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

muskwa

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:09 pm

It is beautiful and amazing what the digital age has brought to the world of the Arts. But I'm sure one will still need imagination and talent to produce the art. It is no different than with pencil portraits; people compliment the drawing, and oooo and awe over your ability but then the inevitable question is asked: "Did you 'copy' from a photograph?" and when the answer is yes, somehow the drawing is not that impressive to them anymore????! Go figure? :?
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:43 pm

Well, I can assure you that I made this with the computer but with absolutely no photo reference and no special program other than Microsoft's "Paint"! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

muskwa

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:13 am

Hey, you forgot the manna.

I use to play around with MSPaint years ago, and all I'd ever get was squiggly lines. If you can produce this image, imagine what you could produce with the other programs (if you got a couple extra Grand to spare)
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Cujo
hey Cujo...I/we need some clarifications here...
how can you "prove" that your piece was done with PS and NOT those 3D rendering programs?
You said " the applications out there NOW for doing this stuff 'automagically'."...
but I believe those programs has been in the market for quite some time already.
Kindly enlighten me/us...I'm really confused! :-s

PreviousNext

Return to Digital Art