[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Tranquility
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tranquility

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:44 am

Tranquility

Hi folks,

Thought I'd post something from my older collection. This image was done in Photoshop. For those familiar with the application, this was done with the brush and eyedropper tools.

I know there are a few problems with it; however, my goal was to finish it, without correcting any mistakes. I sometimes like to work this way, (when I can) step back from the finished product and identify all mistakes I've made. For some reason it helps me to improve.

Approx. time: 20 hours

Critiques are more then welome! Thanks for viewing
Last edited by cujo on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

The Viking

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:33 pm

wow.nice work indeed! It keeps on supricing me what people can do in Photoshop!
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:20 am

So, Cujo- I'm not sure I get this. What was the reference source- a photo, a painting? This picture takes a person right to the place... to that setting- I find it hard to believe that this is a human made ( with computer help) image! So, would it be accurate to say that if someone gave you a really good photo ( like this image's source) that you would be able to do something like this to it??
If this is old school, I am all for old school- I like it so much better than images of famous types who think they are IT!
Man you guys are good! It's totally beautiful.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:08 am

Cujo
Hi..I'm just wondering if this is a photo manipulation or a digital drawing.
Kindly elaborate. Thanks. ;)
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:31 am

This painting is simply beautiful and breath taking
I'm not a good artist, but i'm good at pretending to be one...

My DA: http://lordavatarz.deviantart.com/
<<

neela

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:43 am

beautifully painting hard to believe thats it is done onPhotoshop
I don't say everything, but I paint everything.

http://neelakapoor.deviantart.com/
<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:04 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:01 am

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:31 am

I don't know why I don't pack it in. This is truly astonishing. I mean this is f--- amazing.
If you never do another art work, you can die in tranquility.
Are you a famous artist or something? I looked online to see if you had a website or something, but I haven't got enough information to accomplish any such thing. I mean, there was lots about a goalie...
I am shocked and awed. Just dumbfounded.I mean if you copied it, it would be a mjor feat, but apparently you get your refs from on High!
Get rich, man, and send me some bread! I am a fan!
<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:43 am

Tom: The eyedropper tool was just used to duplicate deep colours, like the sky. I usually pick a colour and always forget the hex code, if it weren't for the eyedropper tool, I'd be royally f'd.

David:
Wow, thank you so much!!! And to answer a few of your questions...no, no and no. haha I currently do not have a website. My artwork is done purely as a hobby. I have taken some commissions in the past (I plan on posting one of my recent jobs), but am not a big fan of being pressured by clients.

My favourite medium is pencil, so my collection of photoshop work I keep close to my heart, like a diary.
<<

Arizona

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:46 am

Check out my da account! http://mcsho.deviantart.com/
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 am

Well Cujo- Like an gifted and eccentric artist, I can accept that you would keep your photoshop images sort of private- only because it sound s like some genius from the 1800's. I think I should try that, but man, for me, nature is utterly time consuming, and I've sone very little of it. But your good 'old fashioned' art is pure inspiration. Somehow the light does not seem old school- it's as good as old, and as good as new, too.
It is first class that yu don't have to pander to a public- but, man, what the public is missing!

When you take a commission, is that pencil, paint or photoshop? Please tell us- do you paint??? ( You must have, lest you not be able to do what you do!)
Last edited by crazy david on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cujo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:18 pm

Arizona, thank you very much!

David: You are too kind - people like you is what keeps my artistic ability alive. When I do commission work, it is mostly graphite (I love doing black & white pieces. I actually have never picked up a paint brush; not once; but for the past two or three months I've been meaning to buy some supplies. I've been working on a few other photoshop images and when I finish them I'll post here.

Cheers
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:00 pm

<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:15 am

Sir. You are a bonafide anomaly.