[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Powder graphite?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Powder graphite?

Moderator: duey

<<

k. folkman

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:35 am

Powder graphite?

Does anyone use powder graphite? What are the advantages over applying say with a stick and blending? For backrounds that is.........Kevin
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:27 pm

I don't use it. I know a few people here do though.
<<

k. folkman

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:11 pm

Duey, have you ever seen the work of Cole Johnson? He uses graphite powder in his backrounds. It's very attractive for achieving an out of focus look..............Kevin
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:05 am

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:57 am

I am amazed and grateful that so many gifted artists here aren't selling... and making me feel like a clutz! Seems so many just draw and paint for the love it, which is a relief for me in a way. I thought I was the only one for a while, til I got here! So keep up the good works, folks! All that's gold may glitter, but an ounce of it is just another ounce of it!
Last edited by crazy david on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

k. folkman

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:31 am

Cole Johnson's art is amazing but I agree, the prices are staggering. I would like to see him apply the powder graphite though. Looks very mystical...........Kevin
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:19 am

k. folkman
Hi Kevin...
These are not Cole Johnson's works but some of my previous attempts on graphite powder.
Now that I've seen his works..
I am somewhat inspired to use this medium again...but on a different subject.
By the way..charcoal powder are somewhat the same..only darker.

<<

k. folkman

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:46 am

Staycat, they are beautiful. I love how they fade to zero on the edges. In the second one I love how she just emerges from the light. Nicole Kidman at the top, right? As I mentioned earlier, very mystical.........Thank you..........Kevin
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:10 pm

k. folkman
Thanks Kevin.;)

Return to Materials and Techniques