[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Check it out ..
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Check it out ..

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Brendan

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Check it out ..

Check out the tire shredding steel bracket out in front of my house :

I'm getting used to the sound of tires popping and the flapping noise when they instantly deflate and continue down the street on their rims !
It's a "traffic calming" thing that doesn't work .. :lol:
The post gets taken out regularly and it takes the city forever to come by and fix it ..
And no one ever complains because it's usually cars going through illegally that get damaged !! :lol: (Driving through on the wrong side of the road)
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:00 pm

I don't understand the point of that at all. It just looks like an accident waiting to happen. Then tax dollars are wasted everytime it gets smashed and city workers have to come out. Oh, just remembered, you live in Canada. I've never seen anything like that here.
<<

dot2dot

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:06 pm

Well that does look a waste of money know what dueys saying. Here in England we have rumble strips that are useless and speed bumps that to be honest are crap just damage cars. :lol:

I think no matter where you are in the world councils like to waste money. Not forgetting there extorsionate wages. :lol:
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 pm

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:54 pm

<<

Deadwood

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:33 pm

“Nothing shows a man's character more than what he laughs at.”
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:33 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:50 am

Tsk tsk tsk...and to think that your street belongs to one of the world's most livable cities! :roll:

In our part of the country..which is considered 3rd world...we have security guards by the entry for this kind of residential areas. You can't enter if you're not a resident. And if you just want to visit someone in the compound..you need to leave your ID. :wink:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:49 am

<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 pm

hey that looks like Boston!

Usually really pretty...

Unless there is a Sox or Pats game...which is almost everyweek 3/4 of the year!!! This is probably the only city that doubles their police when there is a game on, and triples when we are in the world series or superbowl!
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; and a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "
http://krisb781.deviantart.com/
<<

Deadwood

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:50 pm

oh, so that cement "block" on the right side of the photo is a curb?, not another tire shredder :P...

I don't understand things that make no sense ;) haha
“Nothing shows a man's character more than what he laughs at.”
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Ever see the movie"bowling for Columbine?" When we hear loud popping where I live, we just assume
it's gunfire again..I really enjoy when we visit Toronto..hee hee hee 8) 8) 8) My wife drives(she's from there)and I close eyes and pray.
<<

crazy david

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 am

In this little adjunct town of White Rock, outside of Vancouver, they are starting to put in 'circles' in some places to slow people down. In the old days, they had speed limits and cops for such purposes. I live around here and I have never seen such an atrocity as that thing in front of Brendan's place. At least they could make it look pretty. A carefully- placed statue of Marge Simpson, perhaps?

Return to Everything Else