[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - improvise?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

improvise?

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:20 pm

improvise?

Iam just curious as to what you uys do, especially you Duey since you do alot of commission work.
A friend of mine gave me a really cute picture of her daughter to draw but it was a bad scan and quality isnt so clear. Do you guys guess detail? For instance, I know she has blue eyes, but I dont know what shade. I tried to get more pics for reference but they aren't close enough to tell detail like that.

here it is if your interested. thanks for your help.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; and a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "
http://krisb781.deviantart.com/
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah, I would just improvise. Or I would ask the customer if I could have the original paper picture and see what kind of a scan I could get with it. A lot of people don't know how to get a good scan. They don't know that there are quite a few different settings that can improve the scan.

If a customer sent me this same picture I would accept the commission because I don't think it's THAT bad.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Are you going to do it in color, Kris?
I might be able to make it a little clearer in photoshop if you would like.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:14 pm

Well even though you didn't ask me to. Here's a boosted color file.

By at 2008-01-15
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Thanks Duey...that actually was me trying to fix it. The original was only 300 pixels. She sent me others but not close enough, so I said thanks :roll: and took it. Iam not working for commission yet, but I wanted to get as close as possible with detail.

Tom .....I did buy some pencils, but have only tapped into the black and white. Iam trying to get a feel for them. I need to take some time and learn color blending. If you can make it any clearer, than would great!
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; and a sense of humor to console him for what he is. "
<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:19 pm

GREAT TIMING!!!! I may do color now!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:33 pm

And here's a black and white. hope it's a little clearer.

By
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:38 pm

Iam not sure its clearer, just darker. But I will use the colored reference for sure. It seems to be the clearest. Thanks for your help. You know how good Iam with ps :roll:
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:44 pm

I updated the black and white one again. It not as dark this time. It's hard to judge how it will look on the internet.
Last edited by Phan-Tom on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

krisb781

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:48 pm

yeah, I guess...my eyes are kinda crossing now.

thanks Tom
<<

oONIGHTMAREOo

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:11 am

Return to Everything Else