[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - My Job
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Job

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:26 pm

My Job

For everyone that's wondering where I've been, I recently started a construction job. It's a job where I have to travel and it's extremely long hours. I don't think it will be a full time gig, but whenever I'm gone for a couple of days, I'm probably working. Just thought I'd let everyone know that in case people wondered where I've been. 8)
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:40 pm

We all thought you'd joined the PGA tour .....
Construction job eh ? ... I'll bet you're sore right now !!
There are two advantages to long hours - more money ... and less time to blow it on things you'll only regret later !! :shock: :shock: 8)
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:08 pm

Maybe this would be a good thread to tell everyone what you do for a living .. (or what you're taking in school).

So I'll go second ... :lol:

Bus Driver ... get the hell out of my way !

Ah .. the loser cruiser .. the smell of booze, cigarettes, filth, diapers, urine and vomit - all served up in the stifling heat and humidity of a jam packed bus with fogged windows and no ventilation .. :-({|=
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:34 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:10 pm

:shock: 20 hour days will make you sick ! :shock: :shock:
Watch out for bedbugs .. they're an epidemic in those cheap motels ..

What .. don't you recognize me in the top photo ?

Not really interesting (hours of boredom with occaional moments of violence!) but it pays well and there's a good pension.
<<

bigasitgets

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:03 pm

Ok, I'll go next.
I am a welder, the company I work for (Crown Lift Trucks)) makes lifttrucks, or towmotors as some know them by. The last three weeks I have been working 11 hrs a day and 5 on Saturday. With the weld coat the big gloves and the weld helmet in the summer it is not exactly a dream job.
Bob
Beer.....is there anything it CAN'T do????
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:16 pm

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:29 pm

I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:54 am

<<

bigasitgets

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:53 pm

No metal drawing table for me. Metal is at work, when I get home I enjoy the beauty of wood. Wood is so multifaceted, it can be elegant, manly or even feminine. All I was ever able to equate metal to was testosterone and I do enough of the man thing all day plus at the gym. Now then that brings up the subject of materials and leather is a whole nother thang..........
I bet the bus driving thing lets you do alot of people watching, I think you would have some VERY interesting days.
Brian- I worked construction quite a few years ago and loved it, got out of it for welding cause the money was better.
Straycat- a billiards player???? One of the first things I bought as an adult out on my own was a regulation Old Hausen table. Cost me $2700 back in 1990, still have it, still love it.
Bob
Beer.....is there anything it CAN'T do????
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:20 pm

<<

spicycatastrofik

Post Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:15 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:00 am

<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 am

Brendan
Okay..now I know. ( I never watch those TV series)
..and I would rather be referred to Kevin Costner-The Postman. Cap_PDT_01_14

<<

babyspyro12345

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:35 pm

please view
Next

Return to Everything Else