[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - London's burning
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

London's burning

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:31 pm

London's burning

Unbelievable scenes right out side my door of people literally running riot through the streets of London.
A guy was shot by police in Tottenham on Saturday, there were protest, and now thugs are using it as an excuse to loot, vandalise and burn buildings.

I don't understand the mentality of these people, this is there own city they are destroying.
All for the sake of a new pair of Nike and a plasma screen, they are willing to risk the lives of innocent residents.
The Police seem powerless to stop them, the commissioner has asked parents to contact their children and get them off the streets. What a joke.

People are rioting in the streets of other countries, to obtain the rights that we take for granted here in the UK.
They are risking their lives for a better future.

I am so angry right now, and am seriously thinking of moving my family out of London.
My thoughts are obviously with those affected by the violence, the government have allowed to much too slip for too long, and they need to take control before its too late.
It is mostly kids from what I can tell, so the parents must be held responsible too I guess.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't sleep tonight.
I am so ashamed to be a Londoner right now.
A huge clean up operation tomorrow, can't wait for the Olympics next year, that should be fun.

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Re: London's burning

Been reading about it for the last hour,send the bloody Army in and treat it like Northern Ireland back in the bad days.All the youth are 'tooled up',and the Police only watch and take the flak.
Stay indoors Carl,and hopefully it will die down soon.Copy-cats have started around the country already :x
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah, I'v seen it has reached Liverpool.
I think the footie will be called off because of this, no cover for the matches. :roll:

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Mob mentality ... their use of social media to organize will also allow them to be identified and charged when it's over.
At least that's what's happening here, after our much smaller event.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:26 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:26 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:15 am

Even Wellingborough hasn't escaped the riots: ...

...But seriously, even the ones that have been charged will not get what they deserve.
We are too soft on criminals, that is why we are in this situation in the first place.
Bring back hard labor and capital punishment for criminals, corporal punishment in schools for unruly children, and make parents responsible for their childrens actions.

Its so simple, I should be in charge. :)

<<

ShawnaCT

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Sounds scary out there. sorry to hear your in the middle of it. Saddens me to see the state of the world today. the fact that most kids dont know what common sence is.. guess its not so common after all these days.
i do wish you and yours well and safe.
i know here is the states most seem to think that there kids will be taught life skills from phone apps and games. seems that family dinners and board games have gone out of "style".
sorry for my odd ball rant.
best wishes mate.
shawna
with my head firmly in the clouds, i let my pencils sing and dance.
live well, love much ,smile often
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:59 pm

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:09 pm

thats terrible they killed people how can civilization get like this
:D
my da
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:20 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:26 pm

he end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization
my da
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 am

The end of the human race will be that it will eventually die of civilization.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Next

Return to Everything Else