[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Heat
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Heat

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Brendan

Post Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Heat

I saw on the news that there are heat records being broken all over - so who out there is suffering ?

Not here - summer hasn't started yet and I couldn't be happier. ( I hate the heat !! ) :lol:

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:03 am

Re: Heat

i dont now if it broke a record but it sure as hell is hot :(
my da
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:40 am

It's suppose to be 101f here tomorrow.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:16 pm

101 ... that's like an oven. But you probably have a.c. - at home, work and in your car.

I have a fan. :(

When I ordered my truck, (which was built in Kansas City !) I ticked the "air conditioning delete" box, and saved $1200 ! :wink:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:59 pm

You might remember that i got sun-burnt in May building a Guinea pig hutch,well,since then,tan faded and the rains of July have been falling non-stop,this should be our summer..June,July and August,not monsoons and blankets.Balmy warm evenings have disappeared and replaced by overcoats and umbrellas.
Having watched the Vancouver Whitecaps v City build -up,rain was the order of the week,and well done to the ground-staff who at least tried to disperse the problem.Seems 'Our Global Problem' has arrived in many forms.
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:02 pm

Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 am

I got the past two days off work because of the heat. All over southwestern Ontario records are being broken. Thursday was the hottest day, it reached 38 degrees Celsius but with the humidex it felt like 49. Today was a bit more reasonable, 32 degrees and felt like 40. It's even hot inside with the air conditioning running full tilt, hard to sleep because it's hot and sticky.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:17 am

I don't get the "humidex" ... sounds like another made-up term like "wind-chill".

If it's 38, it's 38 !! :roll:
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:41 am

I hate humidex and windchill. I have no problem with cold, it can be -15C out with little wind and I find it enjoyable. But if it's -1C with a brisk, cold wind, I might find it almost unbearable. For example, Sarnia is usually 2-3C colder than Windsor in the Winter. But Windsor is a much windier city. I find Windsor to be much more "cold" in the winter even though it's actually warmer. That stupid icy wind blowing off the river cuts right through you. With humidex it could be 32C out and not uncomfortably hot, or 25C with ridiculous humidity and you start sweating the second you get outside. It's true that the real temperature might not change, but humidex/windchill has a huge impact on how hot or cold your body perceives the temperature to be.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Stoggaf

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:12 pm

In my room, it stays at 28-32 Celcius degrees all the time :D Outside it's about 25-30 Celsius. So yeah, no polar bears here :wink:
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:30 am

Funerals are not fun even worse in the high 95 +
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible