[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - In a need of painting
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

In a need of painting

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Stoggaf

Post Mon May 23, 2011 12:04 pm

In a need of painting

Yeah, hi people. I'm random teen from Finland, and I play guitar, make my own songs and put them to internet. Well, haven't put any yet, but will do in near future. So, as a almost lifetime Iron Maiden fan I of course love painted "covers" (if they're called covers..) on CDs. Well, I of course am not making a CD, I just put my songs to YouTube and I was thinking of that it would be f***ing awesome if I had somekind of painting on the background. I searched the net and found this forum and god damnit, you guys are awesome.

So, I'd like to get somekind of painting or something :D I mean, well, I don't know all the techniques of making art, but you know, something like covers of metal bands. Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind, Five Finger Death Punch - War is the Answer, Megadeth - Peace Sells, Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper, for example.

I do have idea what it will look like, and I can draw some stick-figure version with MS paint to get you the idea :D

Will I pay? :( No. I can't. I'm totally out of money, I don't have a job (obviously..), and I'm NOT earning money with this. I repeat: Image will not be used to get money.

And in case someone wants to know what kind of music: well, as a lifetime Maiden fan... metal :D Can't really say the real genre, but influensed by Iron Maiden, Children of Bodom, Guns N' Roses, Turisas, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Megadeth... :D

Well, I hope there is some artis out there with some spare time who do paintings "for fun". And not only fun, this time it gets used also :D

And forgive my english if it's bad, not my main language.

... SORRY :shock: This was supposed to go to Everything Else :D My mistake...
<<

Brendan

Post Mon May 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Re: In a need of painting

No one will paint one for you here.
You could try drawing or painting Eddie (from the Iron Maiden album covers) yourself - you'll get plenty of advice here.
It's not that hard ! :D

<<

Stoggaf

Post Mon May 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Why not :D I know it requires time and a few dollars or euros or small rocks to buy stuff, but... well, don't people do paintings for fun here? If they do, why wouldn't they do one more :D And yeah, I awlays could paint something but.. well, why am I ask someone else to paint? Obviously 'cause I'm not a good painter :D

And well, I wont paint Eddie.. you know, I'm not going to copy anyone... much.. :mrgreen:
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 23, 2011 3:07 pm

my da
<<

Stoggaf

Post Mon May 23, 2011 3:19 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Mon May 23, 2011 4:49 pm

Forget the painting .. how about posting your Iron Maiden tunes !

Lets travel back ... way back to before you were born .. when in 1982, a highschool aged Brendan and his friend George blast the neighbors with a
furiously noisy version of Killers !! Image

<<

Stoggaf

Post Mon May 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Well I can play about 50 songs by Maiden, but I pretty much can't be arsed to record 'em all, specially when my recording time is pretty limited at the moment :D

It looks like I have to paint it myself. God damnit. Well, I'll do some very easy shizzle as a start and then waste my summer by learning to draw something that looks ok.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon May 23, 2011 9:44 pm

my man stogaff try drawing and after one or 2 you will drastically improve because we will help you. i will hold your hand and we can walk down the drawing bridge together :wink: :mrgreen:
my da
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Wed May 25, 2011 4:31 am

:)
Last edited by booters on Wed May 25, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 25, 2011 4:02 pm

see there you go luck is good
but make sure credits given
my da
<<

Stoggaf

Post Wed May 25, 2011 4:42 pm

I wish my luck was good :D I didn't mean I want to have a picture of Eddie, because it's copyrighted stuff. I wont do illegal things. I was just giving examples. But thanks anyways, looks good.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 25, 2011 5:57 pm

booters posted her own drawing and i dont know what happened to it
my da
<<

Stoggaf

Post Wed May 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Uhm, yeah I saw that. But it was "just" the . Don't get me wrong, it looked awesome, but you know, I wont steal things like that from other bands :D
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm

oh i didnt know that if you want you can use my retro skull tha can be seen on DA although its not that great
my da
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu May 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
Next

Return to Everything Else