[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Cool Intro to the Pacific - shows guy darwing faces
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cool Intro to the Pacific - shows guy darwing faces

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

kcbleo88

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:04 am

Cool Intro to the Pacific - shows guy darwing faces

This intro to the HBO miniseries the pacific shows a guy drawing portraits of the shows heros in charcoal. I think the drawings are really good, interesting style.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Cool Intro to the Pacific - shows guy darwing faces

That's a good shout kc,not seen the programme,I guess it signifies the importance of exploding charcoal in a war scenario :shock: only joking,very clever and powerful opening title sequence =D>
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:00 pm

I loved those clips and the entire series. Unlike most of my peers in the history department at the university I actually enjoyed it as much (maybe more?) than Band of Brothers. Both of them were great though, hard to say a bad word about either.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:21 pm

i like the marine corps aspect of the pacific. i love the acting in BOB more. with that said i feel that band of brothers was easier to follow becauseit stayed with one regiment for the most part. I think that many people like BOB more because it was first so even if the pacific was as good as bob,bob was first so you like it better. I think they are tied :D =D>
my da
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:26 pm

I found The Pacific easier to follow because it focused on three individuals rather than an entire squad which was composed of over a dozen men and many replacements over the course of the series. I also get confused occassionaly in discussions of Band of Brothers... to me BoB stands for Battle of Britain!
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 pm

band of brothers to me was easier to follow because i have seen it so many times i know everone in the show. the only weak episode to me in either of the episodes was episode 3 of the pacific. overall tom hanks and spielberg did a hell of a job
my da
<<

kcbleo88

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:40 pm

I like the Pacific more overall for it's story and characters, but I like how BOB focuses on Easy company and gives a pretty broad profile of its men, even though general winters seemed to be a focal point, not surprisingly cause he was a general. But I think the pacific's production value is higher and the cinematography a bit more modern.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm

<<

kcbleo88

Post Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:58 pm

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:06 am

if i am not mistaken speirs made it high in the ranks up a lt col. i think. my favorite characters in either of them was. bull randleman,george luz,wild bill gaunere, john basiloone and bill hoosier smith :D
my da
<<

kcbleo88

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Snafu is also quite the character, weird and demonic, but interesting.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:08 pm

didnt like snafu that much just could not get myself to like him no matter how much i tried
my da
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:11 pm

I felt with Snafu they showed you too much of the negative side of his personality early on, so that by the time they showed the more vulnerable side of him his image was already ruined and it was hard to feel sympathy.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:01 pm

that is 100% true graham also in the pacific i feel they did an amazing job on chesty puller and john basilone. my favorite episode was the 7th and 10th episode of the pacific and i think most watchers of the pacific probably would agree to an extent :D
my da

Return to Everything Else