[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Artist(s) wanted for ongoing novel series project
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Artist(s) wanted for ongoing novel series project

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Mr Hart

Brand New Member

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:53 am

Artist(s) wanted for ongoing novel series project

Greetings.

I represent a group of 4 young writers currently working on a promising(we think :) ) series of fantasy novels placed in a heroic/dark-fantasy setting. We've been researching and designing concepts for about 6 months now, and although we're still a year or two from achieving our desired foundation of a world packed with original and interesting concepts, we feel we should already be on the lookout for artists interested in joining our project and team, namely by drawing concept art.

The first thoughts that might pop into an experienced reader's mind are "Why are you looking for artists before you even publish anything?" A fair question deserves a fair answer. We think art is amazing and it inspires us. It further adds color to our concepts, it rejuvenates us when fatigued and it strenghthens the project overall. Besides the art itself, we seek to create a personal relationship with our artist(s) and enthuse them until they're as hyped about the project as we are. We've set up a sandbox forum where we're posting most of our defined concepts and ideas for this very purpose.

We're located in Norway (Buskerud county), so being norwegian / from that area would be a plus, but by no means required. We find most things work through the magic of the internet. Since I won't post any details about the actual project here I suppose I have to sell ourselves on the fact that we've been writing fantasy for a long time, and 3 of us are currently attending writer's school. The 4th member (me) was recently discharged after one full year of military service and is about to study english. (I might also mention we write in english as we feel norwegian isn't suited for the heroic-fantasy genre.) We're a fun and friendly bunch, so if you have a genuine interested in being part of an up-and-coming project like this I'd really not hesitate to express that interest. Feel free to do so in this topic or mail me at jq_mcknives@hotmail.com. You may of course include questions and examples of your work. Should we see eye to eye then I use both Skype (and I like to talk on voice!) and MSN, where we may further our cooperation.

- Mr Hart
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:04 am

Re: Artist(s) wanted for ongoing novel series project

Oh look guys, another project looking for free art contributions! What a novel idea! Oh wait, what's that? These things never get any support from the art forum. Whoopsie... #-o
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Mr Hart

Brand New Member

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am

Very witty and all but I think you missed the essence of it. Did you read it?
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Yep, very witty and also very true. And yes, I did read it and my response came after reading it. I don't think you realize how many times people come on here asking for art contributions, and that none of them ever come away with anything.
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 pm

lol, I'll do it for money.
Although my wife just said she will do it for chocolate......it's your choice. :)

<<

Mr Hart

Brand New Member

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:16 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:43 pm

<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm

1 day after toms spam comment. what a shame [-X
my da
<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:33 pm

<<

booters

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Feeling like a freak on a leash.

Return to Everything Else