[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Design Request - Roman numerals for tattoo
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Design Request - Roman numerals for tattoo

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

bastianlindo

Brand New Member

Post Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:48 pm

Design Request - Roman numerals for tattoo

Hello, first of all i will excuse myself if this is in any way misplaced or not allowed on this board.

I'm to be having a tattoo made in the near future, and even though i'm a reasonable drawer myself, i wan't this to be made flawless and creatively.
So i searched the net for boards like this to see if anybody should be interested in helping me out. Normally a design request wouldn't be something you'd ask for, free of charge, but because i don't think this is THAT demanding, i'm just gonna go ahead and ask for a favor, with the credits as the only payment. :)

The tattoo is gonna be placed on the left side of my chest and contain the letters "XMMII" meaning '1992', which is the year i was born. I don't want it in typical block letters, but in some way "hand-drawn", which could also include computer-help. I wan't it to look like it was drawn with hand, and not perfectly the same in size, form, ect. ect.. Still, it shouldn't look like it was written with this old perfect handwriting with curved text. Raw, plain letters.

And also remember that is should only be in black, and no shadows or effects of any sort that would complicate it too much.

If i choose your design, i'm gonna give the credits to you, and show you a picture of the final result, and be you very grateful

Thank you so very much, Bastian Lindø, Denmark.

PS. You can contact me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1172423548
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Design Request - Roman numerals for tattoo

XMMII
Attachments
XMMII.jpg
XMMII.jpg (64.97 KiB) Viewed 5899 times
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:10 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Arne

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:05 pm

Stunning work Graham.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Attachments
XMMII copy.jpg
XMMII copy.jpg (81.56 KiB) Viewed 5893 times
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:07 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:19 pm

Could someone explain to me the purpose of a tattoo ?

If I wanted someone to know when I was born, I'd tell them.
And if they didn't believe me, I'd show them my driver's license.
I guess if I didn't have my wallet with me, it would be quicker just to point to the tattoo .. but then again I could have tattooed a different year - just to appear younger.

My dog has an I.D. tattoo ... but he can't talk, so I can understand how that might come in handy ..

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:37 pm

If you go to the guy's facebook page it's pretty obvious why he needs a tattoo of the year he was born.

He looks like he's 5, not 18. He also bares a striking resemblance to Ron Howard.
Attachments
x2.jpg
x2.jpg (67.56 KiB) Viewed 5888 times
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:59 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:12 pm

<<

bastianlindo

Brand New Member

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm sorry. i completely forgot the fact that 99% of all internet people are totally incapable of taking anything serious.

But now i'm glad that i didn't get that forehead-tattoo i wanted when i was 4 years old. It obviously wouldn't have fit me at that time.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:35 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:06 pm

<<

Brian.May

Addicted
Addicted

Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:21 pm

With your criteria why don't you just use basic roman numerals then? You don't want shadows,serifs or anything design wise done to the images. You could just ask the tattooist to see their handwriting and if it is acceptable just use that.
Having tattoos myself and getting ready to have a larger piece done soon, I am forced to wonder why ask for such a simple design, any one of your friends/teachers/parents/etc could whip this off for you. Asking us to do something digital usually (at least to me) elements of design being used, possibly a consideration to what typeface is used but you don't want any of that.
Will there be any other design work around it? or is it just going to be some slightly crudely drawn roman numerals? You could even deform the numerals to be taller and thinner so they started to resemble a barcode.
I don't know, give us a bit more feed back, we take things seriously. We just need more information about the canvas and the ultimate design concept. Then from there someone might want to pick up the work for credit, maybe.

Return to Everything Else