[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Hall of Fame
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hall of Fame

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Hall of Fame

I have a suggestion and i don't know if it's been spoken/typed about before.
What about a 'HALL OF FAME'.
My absolute nominations would be two drawings;
Brian Duey - Kate Beckinsale.This picture i randomly found on the net and it inspired me to draw...even sent Mr BD an e-mail telling him... :oops:
Dezkenob1- Lightbulb. Above all else this throw-away object is a work of 'TOTAL ART'...an inspiration.....
So, what do you think....any suggestions,and what's your favourite ?
No brown-nosing!
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Hall of Fame

Who qualifies? Only Duey's members? How about members that posted here years ago and haven't been back since? Are you going to dig through every post here to pick out all the deserving drawings? Is there a limit on how many drawings an artist can have in the Hall of Fame (if not just add everything by Straycat and Phan-Tom)? Is voting involved?

I think attempting to put together something like that just creates a whole bunch of problems. Also, it could possibly draw attention away from the artists who really need the views, those that are new and improving, rather than the established artists among us.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

If you want to create your own little "Hall of Fame", just join Deviantart and make a "Hall of Fame" favourites collection. Most of the arists you'll find here (Duey, Straycat, Phan-Tom, Brendan, dezkenob1, etc.) also post their work over at DA.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:57 am

Hmm .. how about a "hall of shame" !

We could put in all the tattoo and book illustration request threads,
as well as the fake drawings and some spam.

Throw in a few of maple's advice gems and phantom's paranoid deletions ... it could be a comedy goldmine !! :lol:
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:28 am

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 am

Thanks for the negative,I posted on here and not DA for posters on here, now.It's about personal favourites,I don't like every picture or drawing I've seen,but some just have an impact and make you look again.Graham,i also posted comments on your web-page about your 'Hay-baler' and your 'Self portrait',saying, i prefer your first.
People have said about this site dying...........
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:17 am

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:20 am

Already did Brendan,in the first post.Don't expect me to upload,I'm to stupid! :?
I wasn't expecting people to post endless examples,most art is pretty good,just the 'wow' factor ones that made you look again.So feel free to be the tech boss,you're very good :D
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 pm

I think I should disqualify myself since I was voted into the "PAGE OF SHAME" :oops:
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:15 pm

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:47 pm

Brendan,IMO you are one of the heavyweights in the graphite world,as we are aware there is an endless list of talent.
My sister has a Boxer dog called 'Chester'......and where did i leave that putty eraser? :roll: I still call them Rubbers but that's a slang term for condoms in England :shock: :D
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Ribbed for her drawing pleasure ..

I thought rubbers was a British term for rain boots (that's boots, as in footwear - not a car trunk). #-o :lol:
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Wellies,as in Wellington Boots
<<

Brendan

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:48 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Next

Return to Everything Else