[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Erik Weisz cracks another case
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Erik Weisz cracks another case

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Re: Erik Weisz cracks another case

Yea, I know what you mean. I tried that on DA with an artist who's work was clearly 100% fake, and basically all her "fans" chewed me out. We of course know who will get the last laugh, but it's still frustrating.
<<

bdank

Brand New Member

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:51 pm

Hello Everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I've been sitting here reading about the fake art on DA I feel like these people are taking something away from real artists. About 4 years ago I spent a lot of time drawing and putting things on DA, at the time I was getting a lot of attention. Do to some health issues, I took a lot of time off from drawing and wasn't paying attention to DA. Recently, I've gotton back into drawing regularly and I noticed, that when I post new things to DA, I don't receive the attention that I used to.

Another thing that I noticed (in the DA pencil clubs that I belong to) many people were posting photorealism drawings. Now there have always been a lot of very talented photo realists on DA but now it seems like almost EVERYONE in my clubs is cranking out super photorealistic drawings. Some of the "drawings" are so photo realistic that even my trained artist eyes can not see how these could be drawn. I had the niggling feeling that some was very wrong. Still I didn't question it very much because why would someone lie? Well, today I saw a "drawing" where the face from the drawing was not as good as the hair. To me it looked like the hair was photocopied in. As an artist I know that hair is much harder to draw than faces. How is it that someone without the skill to get the face to look like a photo can accomplish that with hair. This got me to thinking that maybe some people were faking on at least parts of their drawings, so I googled "fake drawings on DA" and found this site.

After reading the threads on the fakes here I questioning everything I've ever seen on the internet. The whole thing makes me sick. I'm tempted to pull all my work from DA, especially after reading how those of you who are trying to expose the fraud are being treated. I'm sitting here shaking my head in disgust.

Anyway, thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:57 am

<<

Brian.May

Addicted
Addicted

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:05 am

Paint X is an amazing tool. Bring in an image, clone the image and go to town with any variety of brushes. Would I pass work off as my own that I did in Painter X ? Nah, to dishonest for me :)
But the results can be astoundingly superb! I bring this up because it causes one to wonder exactly how much work being passed off as photorealism is really being created outside of tracing/filling/digital work. Once its been uploaded no one has any really 100% of telling if it was purely digital or not. Assuming that the uploader didn't make a mistake :)
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:53 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:24 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 am

On UK soil the word Integrity is almost forgotten...Cheat and lie your way to the top... :(
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:48 am

Cheat and lie your way to the top ...... of D.A. !! :lol: :lol:

Of course , to get to the "top" in the real (?) art world, you'll need self promotion and an angle - drawing over photos might just be the ticket. :wink:
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:09 am

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Larc-Romeo

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:41 am

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 pm

<<

bdank

Brand New Member

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Here is another reason I'm thinking of taking my stuff off of DA. Of course this can happen from posting you artwork anywhere on the web.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:57 pm

It's strange how this post always goes back to being about DA.
Yeah, there are fakes and thieves on DA, but I believe in most cases where a thief on DA tries to take credit for someone else's work, the thief found the artwork posted elsewhere. Not on DA. That's why DA thieves have stolen from artist like Zindy quite a often. http://Zindy.deviantart.com/ You can find her work in quite a few places other than DA. The same goes for Brian Duey's work.
Other DA members will come to the defense of an artist who's work is stolen. Usually in great numbers. It will turn into what I refer to as a "feeding frenzy". Verbally attacking the thief.
Fakes are another matter. As Erik Weisz, A.K.A. Harry Houdini, found out when he would expose frauds, there are always people who will believe in the frauds. This actually cost Houdini the friendship of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the creator of Sherlock Holmes. Doyle believed in some of the mediums that Houdini exposed. Unbelievably Doyle thought that Houdini himself was a medium trying to cut down on the competition.
Fake artist are even harder to expose, since unlike mediums, there's no doubt real artist exist. But artist at DA do expose fake artist too. It's just a slipperier slope, and a touchy subject. The internet is a easy place to lie and get attention. DA is no different.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

zach97

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:19 pm

people who post fakes on DA upset me because of the amount of time i put into trying to get better at drawing and the practice it takes. it also bothers me that people like Zindy and Bryan Duey and great traditional artists alike will never get the attention and fortune the deserve due to people who fake a drawing it is just plain annoying in so many ways. [-X .it makes me angry i am going t turn into the incredible hulk arrgh :evil: :mrgreen:
my da
PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else