[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Erik Weisz cracks another case
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Erik Weisz cracks another case

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:24 am

Re: Erik Weisz cracks another case

Why is it that fakers love putting that ridiculous texture on their "drawings"? They seem to think it makes it look more real... but isn't it just a dead giveaway that it's fake? No serious artist who's going for realism uses paper with that much texture!
Attachments
Marilyn_Monroe_by_Keld85.jpg
Marilyn_Monroe_by_Keld85.jpg (113.76 KiB) Viewed 3531 times
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:43 am

I've seen this guy's work before, and I agree they're probably fakes, but I can't find evidence that would prove it, so I let this one alone.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:18 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:49 pm

I took some of the evidence from the journal accusing this artist, and stretched one of the two images to compensate for the slightly different angle the photo was taken at,
and it appears that the two wip are not on the same place on the paper.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:07 pm

I just saw this on Eileen's page.
It sounds like fenice8 knows that the Sarah Gellar piece is a photo manipulation too.
Attachments
sarah_fake.jpg
sarah_fake.jpg (267.14 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:23 pm

I don't have those filters ... but I'll take his word for it.
I've said it before - the background is way too uniform to be graphite. #-o
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Does anyone else find this WIP (also from our old friend/arch enemy) eileenirma to be incredibly suspicious? Especially all of those circular cut-outs along the top edge? It would make no sense to draw like that, to get the shading to match up would be extremely hard. It looks to me like she used the eraser tool on Photoshop to cut away parts of what was there. I think the graphite smudge and the gridding that's still visible are her actual drawing visible behind the Photoshoped image she placed on top and then erased the edges away. Any thoughts?
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:53 am

<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Have been reading this with some interest, With the arrival of photoshop and 'cheating artwork'...do you good people think there maybe a shift in what's acceptable and return to art that is 'OBVIOUSLY DRAWN'.
In England we have a saying 'Warts and All' which basically means, show imperfections!
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:12 am

<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:31 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Looks like that Keld85 guy left DA
http://keld85.deviantart.com/
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:26 pm

You know what annoys me even more than the fakers themselves? All the people that ooooh and ahhhh over these fake drawings! Basically I think that's why we're seeing so many fakes now, because these sad people see all the attention others get and they want it, too. So I think the best way to deal with this growing problem is not to target the fakers themselves, but somehow try to educate all the gullible people out there commenting on them.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:48 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else