[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Erik Weisz cracks another case
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Erik Weisz cracks another case

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:09 am

Re: Erik Weisz cracks another case

Hmmm. I don't really care about minor differences. Those can be faked easily enough. I'm gonna call fake on this one.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:15 am

FAKE !!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:56 am

look at the work in progress this guy has. It seems like a very unorthodox way to start a drawing
http://pencildrawn.deviantart.com/
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Straycat made me aware that this guy 'Pencildrawn' is also a member of Artpapa. Straycat gave me a link to some of his stuff there so I followed them up and had a look, just to see what he'd said about his drawings and if anyone at Artpapa had questioned him on his perfect accuracy. Anyway, I hope you don't mind, Tom, but I posted your Biel animation in 'Pencildrawn's' Biel thread. I mentioned his interesting technique and pointed out that his Biel animation is practically identical to the photograph and this is his response.

Pencildrawn quote from Artpapa: "The above link appears to be a manipulation of my drawing made to fit over the photo reference I drew from. My drawing is accurate but not this accurate. If my drawings are used in links or references be sure not to change them or stretch and fit them with a computer program. To see scans or photos of my drawings unchanged, the best place is my website: www.pencildrawn.com"

Here's the link to that thread:

I have since responded by saying that no manipulation of his drawing took place at all and that it's basically just his drawing switching with the photo to show how 'accurate' his drawing is.

What bothers me is that in the Biel thread and some of his others, he describes often in great detail, his technique, what he uses, type of paper etc, which is more than a lot of fake artists would do. I guess I'm thinking that perhaps this guy does genuinally know how to draw or has some experience of it but I just can't believe that he can get that accurate without some form of cheating/faking or whatever. What do you guys reckon?

Also, this guy had his DD removed at DA for his 'Noah' drawing and he has also closed his DA account, which to me seems odd because if I was accused of potentially faking something when in actual fact I didn't, I'd go out of my way to prove myself innocent, wouldn't you?
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:03 pm

The fact that he's claiming that the photo was manipulated to fit his drawing makes me more suspicious.
If I did a drawing, and someone did a animated gif showing dead on accuracy, I would be jumping up and down claiming I did the drawing, not the animated gif must be fake.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:27 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:00 pm

I guess people can always use the compare feature on tineye, unless all the photos of Jessica, that tineye finds, have been manipulated to fit his drawing too.
<<

Brendan

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:52 pm

You can zoom right in on the images here :

FAKE.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:24 pm

I've been to the guy's site. Pretty amazing the way you can zoom in on the work, real or not.
Here's a link to tineye: http://www.tineye.com/search/b213c3d4ff ... order=desc
Using the image from his site: http://home.comcast.net/~cfarlow69/6swi ... round5.jpg

An article about making photos look like drawings. Doesn't really prove anything.
http://cameraobscura.busdraghi.net/2008 ... photoshop/
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:31 am

and this one too. http://photofunia.com/effects/pencil_drawing

Hello guys! :salut:
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:54 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:29 am

Even after all this I would still call this case undetermined. There's a lot of suspicious stuff: the uncanny accuracy, the unorthodox wip, the fact that he would remove all the work he himself had posted when questioned, but no positive proof.
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah .. if we only had real proof, we could charge him .. or uh .. at least embarrass him into removing his photos !

oh wait ..

<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:42 am

Any opinions on this guy

His 'drawings' have attracted a lot of attention from people over at DA. KLSADAKO noted me over there asking my opinion on him but I just don't know. As always, I'd love to believe that his drawings are real and not faked but I couldn't say for sure.

Another Deviant has made a journal about Keld85, saying he's fake. Here's the journal http://tajus.deviantart.com/journal/34592775/#comments

Just wondered what you guys thought.
<<

Brendan

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:24 am

I'm going to have to go with fake ... what's with these people ?? :roll:
PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else