[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - camera
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

camera

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sun May 02, 2010 10:32 pm

camera

Now that I am here - I feel guilty I don't have a picture to share... Maybe I will start one tonight.

However, I knew I could come here and get really good opinions on cameras. I need to get a rather decent one under $1200.00 Preferably under 1k.
Of course I can go through and read the specs to hundreds and hundreds of cameras and be brain friend but I would like to see some subjective opinions on anything that one of you may own or want to own.

Right now I am considering the Canon EOS Rebel with the 55-250mm telephoto lens. Any opinions on this model? Anything to look for or atay away from - this would be my first "decent" camera purchase..

Thanks guys! I really do appreciate any help!!!!
Great artists do not rely on talent but the countless numbers of hour practicing and honing a skill.
<<

Ecthelion

Amateur
Amateur

Post Tue May 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: camera

I can't help you choose a camera because I don't have a DSLR myself, but I think it may be important to at this point consider not just the amount of money you're willing to pay now, but the amount of money you will want to put into the camera in the future. DSLRs seem to demand new lenses and accessories... So you could get a really good, expensive camera with just a single lens now and pay even more later for another lens, or you could consider a cheaper camera, maybe with a couple of lenses, and save some money for future upgrades. Just an idea. I was curious about DSLRs myself, but don't have the money for one yet. :)

Oh, and one place to find information, and get a lot of advice, is at http://www.dpreview.com. Go to the forums and ask your question there - you may just get more info than you want.
Ecthelion, a.k.a.

Return to Everything Else