Request for help

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Morality

Brand New Member

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:42 am

Request for help

Hi everyone,

I just made the following post: www.dueysdrawings.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5402

I've been looking through the forum and I'm really impressed by all the talent that is on this forum, fantastic!

My request: Could someone please help me with the drawings for my thesis? Help is highly appreciated and needed.
If someone wants to discuss the topic of my thesis or the drawings that could go in it, please go ahead.

I'm a student in Facility Management (Rotterdam University, Netherlands) and I'm currently working on my thesis. I'm going to make a Moral Facility Walkthrough (a decision making business model that doesn't exist yet) that will help people in making strategical and tactical decisions when dealing with moral considerations in Facility Management. If someone is willing to discuss my thesis or its drawings in depth (for example by MSN Messenger or Skype Chat), please email me at rickvanderpluijm@hotmail.com. If I’m allowed to use your comments/drawings as quotes/illustrations in my thesis, please give permission in your comment. I look forward to the discussion and drawings (I will tell my ideas for them when people have replied that they are willing to help). I’ve got a couple of questions to get a discussion about my thesis (morality) started:

1. How would you explain morality to someone that has never heard about it?
2. What do you think about deontological ethics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deontological_ethics)?
Should deontological ethics or teleological ethics be the approach used in the walkthrough?
3. Which moral values are most important (to you)? Why?
4. What should a walkthrough on morality offer the manager that is reading it?
5. In which areas of morality should the research be limited (to be able to finish the thesis before the deadline)?
6. How much immoral behavior is acceptable? How do you determine if someone is being immoral?
7. Which situations have you been in, that are relevant to morality? What did you do?
8. Which resources/links should I use in my research?
9. How should moral guidelines be visualized and how should they be made public?
10. How would you structure such a walkthrough and what kind of writing and layout (DTP) would you use?

Thank you all in advance! :)
<<

Morality

Brand New Member

Post Sat May 01, 2010 3:53 am

Re: Request for help

I hope I will get a couple of replies, so I'll post some more information :D .

I would like to chat with the people that are willing to help (so you can also PM/email me your emailaddress), so we can quickly determine the specifics that everyone will be happy with. All images should be finished on May 13th, a concept image on May 7th would be appreciated. I deeply appreciate all help and I will make sure you get good promotion when I use images you made. I'm also willing to send documents/music/programs/etc. or do something in return, but I'm not planning on paying for images (I have no clue how expensive that is), because I'm not going to try to make money with my thesis (I am going to make sure many companies will use the walkthrough though, because I think they should and I know the right people to get their attention). All images should be completely royalty free, since the documents will be used by companies. Thank you all very much in advance!

My name is Rick, my emailaddress is: rickvanderpluijm@hotmail.com
<<

Morality

Brand New Member

Post Sat May 15, 2010 6:16 pm

If the timeframe was a problem... I'm still looking for help. It would be greatly appreciated.
<<

vashta

Pro
Pro

Post Thu May 27, 2010 8:40 am

sorry i wish i could help but i can't i don't even understant what u ned help with :s #-o sorry
<<

Brian.May

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:15 am

I have a question about this project. Are you using morals in group application or more along the lines of ethics and the choices of the individual? I have always intrigued between the two, for me morality tends to be the realm of religious constructs and ethics tends to be more in the real of intellect. So as I said, I am always intrigued by how others view and attempt to utilize the two concepts.

Return to Everything Else