[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing contest for my book!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing contest for my book!

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

robizeratul

Brand New Member

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:46 am

Drawing contest for my book!

Hi there!
Let me introduce myself first:
I am a young guy from Romania,who spent the last 9 months writing a book!It's a teenager book that has also a philosophical side.I worked hard for this,and I can say it's not the best,but certainly not the worst out there!
Here's the catch:I need someone to illustrate my book(10-15 drawings).I am new to this,so i don't really now how it's done,i just write for pleasure,you "deviants" can surely understand me .
This is not a huge Hollywood project or something,i'm just a normal kid with big dreams,so don's expect a million dollar check from me,but if a miracle happens rest assured that you will take some credit!
Here's the thing for young people that haven't finished school:every book is registered,so when,and if, you finish school,you can add this to Curriculum Vitae.This will surely help if you follow an artistic path in life!
The "problem" is that the book is in Romanian(well because i am from Romania),but i will translate it in English next year,and probably release it as an E-book.
If you decide to help me,i will send you little fragments of my books,the part where i feel there could be a cool drawing(translated in English of course )
Please don't take this to seriously,it's supposed to be fun to create something!
Here's how we will do this,today is 20. December,i will keep alive this post for 15-20 days,and then,i will choose someone(or maybe more?)people who I consider has enough talent and determination to help me with this little project of mine.
Here's the challenge(I will try to explain what i want you to draw,it's very simple!,please do you best if you consider this opportunity):
1:A girl,while running out of the toilet closet hits a boy with a sponge.his T-shirt gets wet.Both of them are surprised,and the girl blushes a bit while the boy wants to look cool.The girl is very beautiful,long haired with eyes like a fox,while the boy is handsome to,but in a "cool" way if you know what i mean..he's very sleek,he has a face that never shows his real feelings.
Well that was easy!Put your imagination to work and let me see what you did!
2:This is a landscape.In a desolate park 2 boys are talking.They are on a little platform,that sits in the middle of a dried up lake.One of them is sitting down,on a very old bench looking far away,at a tree (the sort you see in romance movies)that sits far away(but still clear)on a hill,after it it's nothing,just the clear sky and some clouds.Only part of his face is shown with great sadness.The other boy is going away,to the "camera" with an empty expression.Everything looks old and dried up,like a battlefield after countless battles,The bodies are all gone but the smell of death still taints the air!(uhm sorry i got carried away
OK there are 2 situations,i can't wait for your responses(If any of course)

VERY IMPORTANT!:This is a challenge for all of you who like drowning,if you don't give a ... about this please don't spam it.I don't have anything to offer for your work,only an ISBN that you can use at you CV.I will not give you any money because...well i don't really have,BUT if a miracle happens and i sell more copies than Harry Potter i will surely reward you!xD
I await all of your posts,drownings,criticism and of course hate mail!
So keep them coming !
Over and Out!
<<

Liviu_Cretu

Addicted
Addicted

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:00 am

Re: Drawing contest for my book!

Good luck mate! I hope Santa brings you the drawings you need!

PS: I'm not gonna enter the challenge I need more skills for that :P, I just want to see how your book evolves. Best of luck!
EnjoY! Liviu C.
<<

robizeratul

Brand New Member

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:33 am

<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:39 am

Instead of asking others to draw for you, try doing it yourself. You may find it very rewarding, knowing that you did both the writing and illustrations for a book. Writing takes years and years to develop, just like any other art form. Becoming a writer takes a lifetime. I can tell that you are young so keep working and in time you'll improve. Best of luck!
<<

robizeratul

Brand New Member

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:40 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Every few months someone joins the forum and asks for help illustrating a book or looking for free artwork to be done for an occassion. To the best of my knowledge none have ever been successful in finding an artist here willing to do that work. If you want a book illustrated you're going to have to shell out some money, and I suspect that you're not going to find anyone here who would take the work on even for the money. We are not a community of professional illustrators. There are maybe 3 or 4 artists here that can produce works worthy of being published and none of them do fantasy work as their primary subject matter.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

robizeratul

Brand New Member

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:23 am

Return to Everything Else