[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Board Updated
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Board Updated

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Board Updated

Hey everyone. By now you've already noticed that the forum has a new look. That's because it has been updated. I think you all will enjoy this interface much more than the old one. One of the new features allows you to upload attachments right on the forum, so no more imageshack :) Please bare with me throughout this change. I will be playing around with settings and colors more to integrate the board into the site.
<<

Mark

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Board Updated

the site is looking great! nice work with these new forums.
<<

Brendan

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:13 am

Testing 1..2..3..

Awesome !! =D>

Whoops ... I see that the avatars are stretched to fit a new size - that's probably a good thing, keeping them all the same.
<<

straycat

The Resident Critic
The Resident Critic

Post Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:09 am

Hmmm...this makes posting a drawing with black background much easier. =D>
I'm open to criticisms...keep them coming.

My DA: http://straycat27.deviantart.com/

CLICK to go to the LITTER BOX.
<<

dustboy76

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:00 pm

i tried to upload another drawing here but the file size was too big. is there any other posting method?
http://dustboy76.deviantart.com/

Feel free to check out my drawings.
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:29 pm

OK .. I take back my earlier "Awesome" comment .. :^o

Just a few musings ...

Things I hate :

- the stretched avatars
- the background colour
- too many border lines/panels and 3d shading
- the member's join date includes the day and time - unnecessary and messy

Things I like :

- not having to log in every time
(sometimes with the old board you had to try several times)
- this version is faster and more feature rich
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:58 pm

I like the old layout more than this newfangled design. I'm not a fan of the grey/light blue/red/yellow colour scheme. Things are better in black and white! (red also) hehe I agree with Brendan, too many border lines and whatnot. I had to search to find the "reply" button. Maybe it'll just take a bit of getting used to, but I find navigating around takes more effort than before.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:03 pm

But then again the shape of your face looks a bit more normal now ... :lol:
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:24 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Yeah, I agree with everything said. I don't like the color scheme right now either. I hired someone to do the update with a stock layout and I told him I would do the rest. I need to change the color scheme and the boxes all over the place. I am out of town until Friday but then I will have time to change some things around.
<<

Brendan

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Holy crap .. Friday ??!!
That's like .. 3-4 days away !
What are we supposed to do until then ........ draw ?? #-o
<<

angeleswings

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:17 pm

lol. Yeah, my least favorite part is that it doesn't just tell you what new posts have arrived since you last logged in. It's been weeks since I last logged in and I'm not going to click on everything just to make sure it becomes an old post. Sooo, it'll be harder to keep track of stuff. I haven't figured out the attachment feature yet, but I also haven't tried.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album ... 1844557044

I finally got "hip" with the times and got on facebook. Hopefully this takes you directly to my art.
<<

Plissken

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:06 am

Two main issues that I noticed:

-the website is now MUCH MUCH slower than it was before
-daily I get a lot of time this message on the board: The forum you selected does not exist. ???
See my drawings and digital paintings now!!!

Or else, drunk Mel Gibson will come to your house and beat you up!
<<

N.Banks1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else seem to notice that out of 13,401 members only like 6-10 of us get on and do anything?

I will be online some times and see like 18 guests on and none of them really sign up, or I will see that we have new memebers and they just aren't posting anything.

Also it says the most people on at the same time was 93. I am lucky if I see 3 on at the same time. What happened? We need to get the energy back in this place!
If they wouldn't of done......what I told em not to do, they'd still be alive.
<<

Russ

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Everything has a lifespan,this one has been on its knees for a while now,still popular with the lurkers though :)
Ramblings from a bloke with the onset of Godliness,Genius and Guinness
http://www.facebook.com/RussSmithArt
http://guinnessdaze.deviantart.com/
Next

Return to Everything Else