[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - IF SPORT ART FAKERS DO NOT TREAD ...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IF SPORT ART FAKERS DO NOT TREAD ...

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: IF SPORT ART FAKERS DO NOT TREAD ...

We caught somebody's attention. We've got a bunch of views and a couple of comments.
So this could be the beginning, or the end. We'll have to see.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Dezkenob1

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:00 pm

We got the attention of someone quite well known in the traditional section of DA..................Silentdeath007.

Here's his journal regarding the group.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:01 pm

He also sent us a note, which I replied to. I also replied to some of the comments on our page, so far it looks like we're getting an even split of people who are glad to see the fakes exposed and those who hate us and think we're just trying to slander good artists.
Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

gerrard08

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:14 pm

He's already had a fairly sizable response to his journal.. 38 comments in total.. just been scanning through.. some are being philosophical, some are in denial, some suspicious and others in complete agreement... would be worth explaining our intentions to the doubters cause numerous people believe we're just jealous because ''they can't even draw themselves''
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:16 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Though they mean well ... it's still kind of funny when Erik Weisz is being accused of manipulating my "art".

And apparently my drawings look pretty convincing ! =D> #-o :lol:
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:58 pm

I posted Tom's WIP of the Kate drawing and put an explanation with it. Hopefully that will help some of the doubters. On the same work though, we need to address this:
http://eileenirma.deviantart.com/art/Do ... -109367986

We've got a few comments now of people asking us to explain this. My suspicion is she used the original photo to trace (step 1), then developed that through to step 6 (the first two rows of pictures). It seems there is a big difference between step 6 and step 7 (the bottom left picture). Could this be where she switched from her original drawing to the smudged photo? Or did she use another method? If we can prove that I'd like to get it posted.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Also Brendan, could you please post a comment on the photograph of you with a faked WIP explaining that you are okay with us using that image of you? It's a good example and I don't want it taken down! hahaha

This just in:

I am pretty sure that the artist would not allow you to use their deviation and manipulate it in order to try and proof that that artist is a fraud. I won't argue.

Brendan, what are your thoughts on you not allowing us to use your picture? Oh wait, what is that, you're the one who posted it? HAHAHAHA!
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:58 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:08 pm

It won't be much of a fight. DA will investigate the reports for stealing Brendan's drawing, and look a little further, see what we're up to, and then BAN us.
I probably won't be able to finish the WIP before it happens. I'll get started though.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:11 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:16 pm

Why would you want to delete it ?
You're not "guilty" of anything.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:34 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:53 pm

No No No .. !!
Leave it up - it's boosting my page view count !!

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else