[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Fake Drawing
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fake Drawing

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

speedbump1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:44 pm

I'll report it too.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:45 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:14 pm

Well since that other drawing is gone maybe I should so back and address the one I was talking about a few months ago.

Remember this? Again watch the stunning accuracy of the hair...and everything else for that matter.

The DA page http://graphitecat.deviantart.com/art/K ... e-11753042
<<

gerrard08

Respected Senior Member
Respected Senior Member

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:16 pm

good.
he's still adamant it's a drawing.. ''you've been reported... i'd take down your ''artwork'' now''... ''lol, thanks. made me laugh, if you consider this as a photo :)'' what a ****
<<

speedbump1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm

I just got this from DA.

"This is an automated message concerning a deviation which you previously reported, entitled House M.D. portrait2 v9 final. A member of staff has reviewed your report and the deviation has been removed.

Additionally, the following comment was provided:

A member of staff has reviewed a report concerning this deviation and has determined that this work was a direct copy of an existing work by another artist.

Since official policy discourages this behavior this deviation has been removed as a violation of the deviantART copyright policy.

Thank you for your report.

-- deviantART Staff "
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:07 pm

Speedbump. Did you report the image as stolen art?
<<

speedbump1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:46 pm

I reported it as other....photoshop and included the image of the GIF.
<<

speedbump1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:48 pm

Since the guy has his comments backwards, most don't bother to look at newer comments cause you have to dig through pages since 2004..
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Surprisingly the Kate Beckinsale piece was removed from DA today.
Anyone have any opinion on this one?

By
<<

speedbump1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:42 pm

He is probably using a projector. So it might be real.

Many of the very best artists use projectors now to save time. I bought one after I saw Dru Blair using one in a class of his I attended. I figured if it's good enough for such a famous guy it was good enough for me. But I only use the projector for airbrush projects anyway. Many airbrush artists have abandoned the airbrush anyway in favor of the computer since it's all about production and who can fill an order for an image the cheapest and fastest.

So instead of using the grid system, many commercial artists use the projector. Actually, I believe eventually, all art will be done on a computer anyway. But I won't live to see it.

It's like a losing battle. If you make it so much like the photograph, what is the point? There is some skill involved in getting a photo, projecting it onto the paper, then basically tracing every little faint line you can make out. Then trying to render it to look just like the photo. The problem with that is, a true artist can make it look better than the photo. He can use his skill and artistic license to make the image better or worse. He can make the female face have fuller lips or a more interesting shine in her eye. or fix her teeth. I find it interesting he does not change anything. If the image was perfect to begin with, why draw it. Just Photoshop it to look like a drawing. Which may be what he did. If he actually went to all the trouble to project it and came up with the exact same image, to me that is a sad waste of time.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:31 pm

I don't think it's a tracing done with a projector.
There's something odd about the fuzziness of it.
I'm thinking maybe she's drawing on top of something she printed
from her computer. I couldn't find a large photo of this image anywhere. So I'm guessing neither could she. I think she enlarged it when she printed it out which would account for the fuzziness.
Here's the drawing on her page.
http://remnantrising.deviantart.com/art ... -102890679
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Playing with the image in photoshop .. what's with the distortion in the top corner ?? And it sure looks like real skin when I played with the levels ...

But after browsing her gallery it's hard to say .. I'll leave it to someone else to figure out !
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:37 pm

Great detective work, Brendan,
I'm further convinced she's probably printing this stuff out, and drawing on it, after cleaning things up in photoshop.
You can put this one in your stimulated art journal.
<<

Brendan

Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:03 pm

She's got it backwards .. first you draw, then you photoshop !

PreviousNext

Return to Everything Else