[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - art critiques
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

art critiques

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

fongwongchew

Brand New Member

Post Sat May 30, 2009 7:32 pm

art critiques

Hello. I've been drawing for as long as I can remember but, Just recently I have desided to get more serious about art. (around the end of 2008 and begining of 2009, which is now). And my drawings are very great, but there not horrible either. I'll give em that. so anyways, at school I am in art class and we had an art show/ contest thing. I drew a cat's face. And my "friend" whose been my friend since the beginning of 2nd cemester (only 1 week of school left :D) and has been really cool for a wile. But a new kid came in and my "friend" became friends with him. So anyways, my picture made it into the art show along with my "friend's" friend's new kid) picture. mine lost and so did his and when they both saw my picture there like *laughing* "your cat looks constipated!" :?: To me it had a normal strait cat face. Cat's don't look constipated, they pretty much have the same expression all the time. they also said it looked ticked off. Then they started making fun of it, taking it, laughing. Okay well I sort of appreciate there honisty but, did they have to make fun of it? Just like my signature says...well read it. It's not like they could do any better, and I know I've seen them try and draw!
Who is a critique to criticize your art if he can't do any better him self...
<<

Red 9

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:53 am

Nah, nothing wrong with critiquing, or positive criticism, but laughing at something somebody put time and effort in is pretty immature and childish. Don't even play back at them, though, just take it in stride and don't let it bother you.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:37 pm

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09

Return to Everything Else