[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Drawing Depression....
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Drawing Depression....

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

knakkerr

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:15 am

Drawing Depression....

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:12 pm

My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

speedbump1

Monitor Tanned
Monitor Tanned

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Just draw something everyday. Does not matter what. Draw a picture of your shoes or of the cat. Eventually, you will get over your block.
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:50 pm

<<

knakkerr

Amateur
Amateur

Post Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:20 am

<<

artandguitargirl

Amateur
Amateur

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:43 am

"What is art but a way of seeing?" -Thomas Berger, writer (1924- )
"If you've painted before you know that we don't make mistakes -- we have happy accidents." - Bob Ross (1942-1995)
http://www.youtube.com/user/bringonthetrumpets20
<<

duey

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Yep, just push through it. I get into slumps where I just don't want to draw. I've gone for weeks without drawing before. But I've found that the best cure is to just sit down and force yourself. That spark always comes back.
<<

quicksdraw

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:51 pm

There is a certain irony in regard to this post because I was gonna ask the same questions as you have!
I started drawing a couple years ago when I found Duey's. I drew a few portraits of people and the family dog and,I was told they were pretty good. But I have severe depression which runs in the family and it's horrilbe! It's very hard to get out of bed let alone get excited about drawing or anything else for that matter.
That being said, I am going to get started again myself. If what I draw looks shitty?: I'll wad it up and toss it in the waste basket! And try again:
I will say one thing about this site: Had it not been for all the great artist on here that encouraged me to draw and helped me to understand the dynamics of good contrast,perspective shading ect ect, I would never have the drawings that I now have hanging on the walls.
Let's make a deal eh? I'll get started again and you get started again and let's get drawing!! What to hell? I also have a passion for music/guitar and I'm gonna start pluckin away at that for a change again. Like the Niki commercial motto says "Just DO IT"
The question and answers in this post have helped open my eye's to get a passion for something rolling again and.......that's good. Hope I helped you as much as you and your question and all the input has helped me!!!! Thanks: Jeff
<<

Jstahre

Post Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Return to Everything Else