[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4707: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4709: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4710: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4711: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Drawing Forum and Art Community • View topic - Bruce Lee plays ping pong with nunchucks
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bruce Lee plays ping pong with nunchucks

Moderators: Brendan, Phan-Tom, duey

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:34 am

Bruce Lee plays ping pong with nunchucks

Just your typical waffle-loving Canadian.
My Portfolio: http://www.redbubble.com/people/canadianmaple09
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:01 am

... or not ??
Yeah - and wrestling is real .. or not ..

You're right Straycat would like this - I have his email, I'll send it to him.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:17 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:49 am

Apparently it's a commercial, so I'm pretty sure this didn't happen, but it does look real. The low res video also probably hides some irregularities that you might see if it were on TV.
My DA: http://phan-tom.deviantart.com/
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:41 am

Funny, as I was starting to think about whether it might be real or not after watching it, the fact that it was a commercial for a Nokia phone made me lean towards it being real. I know you shouldn't believe everything you see in advertising (in fact, maybe even don't believe in most of it) but I didn't think a large company like Nokia would lie about something like that.

There is more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-fZ6tJG ... re=related

I looked up a bit more about the commercial, and the people who believe it is fake make two arguments. These arguments are a bit funny, because they are completely contradictory:

Argument #1: That is not Bruce Lee in the video. It is an imposter pretending to be Bruce Lee, but he looks nothing like Bruce Lee.

Argument #2: The video of Bruce Lee has been superimposed onto the video of people playing pingpong.

So you can see, the arguments are either it is Bruce Lee or it is not. There is no evidence to prove either side given, just assertions that they are true. Clearly both sides cannot be true, and there is still the third option of it being real. I think it would be extremely hard (not impossible) to superimpose his image into the video and have it work out for hitting the ball accurately (where the nunchuk hits the ball).

The real question everybody should be asking is who would win... Forrest Gump or Bruce Lee?
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:13 pm

I don't think Nokia made any claims of it being real, and it has nothing to do with their product so there really nothing to lie about. And if this actually happened you would think we would have seen it before. Nokia just wants to get peoples attention, and they have.
In Forrest Gump, where Tom Hank's is playing Ping Pong at the Olympics and such, the ball itself was computer generated, so it very possible they did it here too.
Feeling sorry for those critics who talk nonsense in the hope of appearing well-informed.
<<

Brendan

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Ping pong .... pffffft. :roll:

<<

mononoke

Respected Member
Respected Member

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:11 pm

I hav to lean towards the not so real side. Though this video shows some real nun chuck skills!!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb1wEIKp ... r_embedded
Great artists do not rely on talent but the countless numbers of hour practicing and honing a skill.
<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:22 am

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:39 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 pm

<<

Phan-Tom

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:15 pm

<<

canadianmaple09

Highest Rank Possible
Highest Rank Possible

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:29 pm

<<

Brendan

Post Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 pm

Next

Return to Everything Else